Oh shit.

JJ

"Alex?" I was jolted awake by a voice coming from the front of the truck. Blinking sleepily, I observed as Alex rose and made his way towards the gentleman. Shortly after, the door shut once more.

I looked out the window to see a giant house and Alex walking towards it, getting greeted by a man. But once again the car starts again, moving away from it.

After being in a deep sleep I realized that there were less kids, I surveyed the van to see how many people were still present. Approximately five kids remained, Kayden included, sleeping next to me. His head leaning against the window.

I'm glad he's still here, I would've been really disappointed if he left without saying goodbye.

Soon enough it will be my turn, my heart started to pick up and I took a deep breath, in the process of trying to calm me down. But it didn't help, my hands were shaking and I could start to feel sick.

You'll be okay, then you will call Lizzy. I told myself over and over again until it was imprinted in my brain.

Thats when I realized I'd probably not be able to contact Kayden once I got there.

I didn't want to wake him up, but I also didn't want to completely loose contact with him once I was gone.

I decided to rummage around my bag, trying to find a sharpie.

"Looking for something?" My head whipped to the voice, immediately recognizing it as Chris. "A sharpie or pen, you have one?" I asked him desperately, noticing that I did not in fact have a sharpie or pen in my backpack.

"Of course I do, how else would I do my crossword puzzles!" he lifted up his cross word puzzle book in the air. Chris was like a 50 year old in a 16 year old body, I scoffed and took the pen that he had handed to me.

I took out the paper that Lizzy had given me, call me, at 613-778-3443 I took of the cap with my mouth, re-writing it carefully on his hand.

"You know you could of just got some paper and wrote on there?" I gave Chris a death glare, "you know you could of just got-" he whacked me on the head before I could continue mocking him.
(☝️🤓 )

"Can I have some paper then," I sarcastically grinned and wrote Lizzys number on the paper instead. I then gave it to Chris, as much as I despised Chris, a part of me wanted to keep him close.

Chris nodded, like he read my mind. Just then the car came to a halt. "Jay Peirce?" the same man came up looking around at us.

I stood up before shaking Kayden, "uhm-what?" he woke up.

"I'm going now," I paused before forcefully pulling him into a hug, trying to enjoy every last moment of it.

"Lizzy's phone number is on your hand," I informed him before he looked down at his hand inspecting the writing.

"Be safe," he told me before bringing me into another deep hug. I could feel tears start to form on my eyes, thats when one fell down my cheek. Before I could wipe it he used his thumb to wipe it away.

"I will," I insured him.

Before I walked out of the van, I halted and turned around. Quickly going to Chris giving him a hug. He was surprised at the gesture but gave into it.

"Come on kid, I don't have all day" the guy looked annoyed. I turned around giving him a glare before jumping out of the van.

That's when my heart started beating faster. Oh shit.

Still I little ways until JJ goes to Robins home for boys. I just want to get some more back round on JJ and make the story more interesting :(