11. TIRED

Prisha's POV

I left too early this morning, I had to, and now I miss my baby. He was still half asleep when I left but I didn't want to chance delaying and accidentally meeting them.

Maa and papa had decided to drop by today, along with, a lump formed in my throat as I tried to remember how long it's been since I saw him. My brother.

He left the year before my wedding and hasn't been back since then. I'm not ready to face him yet, I don't know how to behave. We were close before he left, not as much as Poorvi and Shourya were but I was closer to him than my parents.

My emotions regarding him are — well complicated could sum it up.

While he wasn't here for my wedding, he had been here when Shourya asked for my hand and even though I knew better, a tiny part of me had hoped that he'd oppose our parents for me. He hadn't though, he had just came to my room that night and apologised that he couldn't help. He hadn't even tried.

There was nothing our parents ever refused him, nothing even if they sometimes hated his demands or decisions as you'll call them once he grew up. But they never once refused him.

Even when he decided to leave, they only opposed him once before giving in. I was sure he could've at least swayed their decision had he tried but it doesn't matter now.

I don't like whatever happened after that. It still gave me my child and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. I'd go through all that again if it means I get to hold Aadi in my arms.

A knock on the door disrupted my thoughts, I was in my cabin in our headquarters and the only person who'll knock at this time is either Aditi or baba, who decided to stay home today for some obvious reasons.

So it could only be Aditi, “ Come in. ”

“ You have a visitor. ” She said and I noticed her looking anywhere but me.

“ I don't think I have an appointment today. ” I asked her as I remembered the schedule she had relayed to me this morning

“ They don't have an appointment. ” She said and this time my brows raised up in question. I don't see any reason she would inform me of an unexpected visitor rather than sending them off. It could be someone from Rajvansh's side, but I had a feeling it wasn't.

Call it intuition or whatever but I knew I wouldn't like this visitor.
“ Who is it? ” I asked.

“ Your brother. ”
A breath knocked out of me at her response, out of all the people she could've said, this was the one that never even crossed my mind.

“ You sure? ” I asked even though I knew she wouldn't make a mistake, not on this. But I still needed confirmation that I hadn't misheard her before.

“ He's just outside. ” She said and my head snapped to the door, I could see him from between the blinds and it was enough to shake me.

“ Send him in. ” I said, feigning a calm I was miles away from feeling. She nodded and left, the doors had barely closed when it opened again and it was like I didn't know who I was.

I felt like the girl who stood at the airport for an hour thinking that her brother wouldn't have left without a goodbye. But he did, he left before I came back from the class, his room cleared out of his stuff as if he was never planning to come back. And he hadn't, not until now.

He looked different from the last time I saw him, his shoulders had broadened, and from the folded shirt I could see had gained some muscles as well. His face was filled up, maa would be ecstatic to see him this healthy. It seemed like he lived well.