Val?

I slowly open my eyes, adjusting to the bright light

I slowly open my eyes, adjusting to the bright light. What the fuck happened? Then it hits me, my dad and...Val? I quickly rise out of bed only to be met with a beautiful sight. Valentin is sitting in the chair across from my bed and staring at me with those gorgeous eyes of hers.

Wait. What the hell is she doing here? In my room..alone? I guess my face gave away my thoughts because she chuckles, "you really thought I would leave without making sure you were okay?" My eyebrows shoot up, "I didn't think you cared enough to stick around." She looks hurt at that, "of course I care enough. Had I not, I wouldn't have came." She tilts her head, "would you rather I stayed home?" I quickly shake my head, "no of course not, I'm glad you came." Her eyes soften at that, "I'll always be there if you need me. How're you feeling?" It's only then do i notice I have a throbbing headache, "my head hurts really bad." She starts to get up, "I'll go get you a glass of water." With that she leaves the room. Leaves me to my thoughts.

Did she mean what she said when she said she'll always be there for me? She couldn't have meant that, or was it only meant for when dad gives me trouble? Speaking of dad, what happened to him?

A knock on the door breaks me out of my thoughts, I tell a quick "come in" and The door opens, it's Val. She walks up to me and hands me the glass of water, our hands brush as I grab it. "Thank you...hey I have a question, if you don't mind me asking"  she brushes a hand through her hair, "go ahead love" my chest starts feeling funny at 'love' and I blush, "well, I was wondering what happened to my dad? Is he going to come back? How'd you get him off of me?" At that she stiffens a bit before relaxing again like she didn't want me to catch it. "I killed him," she says as she pulls a cigarette out of her pocket and lights it up. She puts it to her mouth and inhales, "he didn't take heed to my warning. So I shot him in the head."

My eyes go wide, how can she say that so casually? How can she do it so damn casually? Like she's done it before... I snap out of my thoughts when I feel her hand on my cheek. When did she get over here? She moves in a little closer and pulls the cigarette away from her mouth, she blows the smoke in my face and talks, "he needed to go baby. I'm sorry for not consulting with you first but actions needed to be made, do you forgive me?" I wordlessly nod my head and she smiles, her hand goes to my thigh and she leans in a bit more. I follow her lead and start leaning towards her.

As soon as our lips are about to touch, the moment is interrupted by a knock on the door. She sighs and backs away and I blush, "come in" the person comes in and, surprise surprise, it's Julian. Fucking cockblocker, I swear he does it on purpose. He sees the blush on my face and smiles, "was I interrupting something here? If I was, I'll leave..." he goes to leave the room but I call him back, "it's too late now, dick. What do you need?"

He turns to look at Val, "there are some guys here looking for you," he says then turns around to leave. My eyebrow shoots up, " why are guys looking for you?" She laughs, " is someone jealous? It's just some guys here to clean up everything baby, you don't have to worry." I blush, I've got to stop that. I nod and she smirks, she turns around and leaves the room.

I run my hands through my hair and sigh, I get up and stretch. I put my shirt on and leave the room. When I get to the living room, there are men around my dad's body. They're putting it in a body bag, why do they have a body bag on hand? And why does she casually have men to do this stuff for her? I really have some things to ask her.

She's standing in the middle of the living room, talking to them in French. I wish I knew French...maybe I'll learn for her. She looks up at me when she sees me enter the room and smiles a bit, but then her face goes back cold. Almost like she doesn't want them to see her smiling. She looks back to one of the men that started speaking to her.

After the men finally get the body out of here, she walks up to me and puts her hand on my face. "I've got to go love, see you later." She leans in and gives me a kiss on the cheek and my cheeks immediately heat up. I nod at her and say a small "bye" she giggles and walks to the door, she turns back to look at my friends, "keep my boy safe while I'm not around" they nod their heads vigorously "yes ma'am" they say in unison. And with that, she walks out.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••