terms and conditions

For a moment, Ness stared at him in dumbstruck silence.

The loud cheering from the crowd and the wild beating of his heart almost deafened his line of hearing because of the rising crescendo of each sound with every moment passed them by.

Cold sweat started to run down his temple as his orchid irises locked into the other's azure ones who held nothing but silent anticipation of his response.

Although with his prolonged silence, a flicker of unease and uncertainty swirled around his irises.

What the fuck was Isagi doing right now?

Never in his wildest dreams would he anticipate that Isagi would propose to him right after the match! Which seemed like a nightmare to him given that he had no interest in marrying him in the first place. Nevertheless, it doesn't matter now. With thousands of people watching them and probably recording them on their phones to post it on social medias, there's no other safe option for him to answer him without compromising their image and careers: and that was to accept the unexpected proposal made by this man in front of him.

"O-okay..." He stammered out a breathless response, inwardly berating himself for appearing like a stuttering fool not only in front of him but to the other thousands of people who were watching them as well like they were lead actors in a soap opera.

Isagi's eyes sparkled like a pair of glittering sapphires in a field upon hearing his answer and immediately stood up to hug him tightly.

Loud applause and cheers from the audience ensued afterwards.

"We're not done yet on this Yoichi." He whispered coldly against his ear.

"I know. Meet me in my flat later. I'll send my address." Isagi whispered back breathily, and Ness fought back the shiver that threatened to run down his spine at his warm breath which ghosted his skin.

Days before the match held in the previous chapter...

An audible sigh escaped from Isagi's lips as he stared mutely at the screen of his phone before throwing it away on the mattress and headed towards the kitchen to make himself a fruity drink.

Great.

Now his parents had Facetime him earlier and seeing how excited they were to meet him at the airport in the next few weeks since he'll take a vacation in his hometown in Saitama for their needed break after the match, he wasn't sure if he looked forward to it anymore.

He missed his parents.

He really did.

But sometimes the subtle pressure they put on him to find a suitable partner in marriage grated on his nerves. He closed his eyes as he faintly remembered their recent conversation over Facetime about it.

"Good morning Yocchan!" Iyo's excited voice and smiling face greeted him on the screen.

"It's already lunch over there Iyo. It was supposed to be good afternoon." Issei remarked laughingly.

"Oh sorry! I'm still a bit confuse about the time differences between these two countries." Iyo replied with a sheepish smile on her face.

"Hi Ma and Pa! That's fine though. You'll get used to it over time. Can both of you stay up now? I believe it's already 8PM in there?" Isagi asked mildly.

"That's fine Yocchan. Tomorrow is Saturday anyway; we don't have to get up early morning tomorrow for work." Issei replied reassuringly.

"That's nice to hear." Isagi nodded smilingly as he adjusted the angle of his device's screen.