Chapter 52

Rosie had managed to keep Sebastian a secret for three whole weeks, sneaking out on the weekends to inspect apartments in London until one Wednesday morning, Rosie received a call letting her know that she and Sebastian had been approved for one, not far from the Leaky Cauldron, which would make getting to Gringotts for work easy, if they managed to get into curse-breaking.

And when Sebastian was excited about the extensive amount of literature at his disposal, he was even more so when he realised just what his new phone was capable of.

Rosie had shown him how to search any queries he had and she had caught him often looking up questions about things he came across or something he'd heard on the news.

A mere three weeks into the new world for him and he was already becoming quite adept at navigating his new surroundings.

Want to go find some furniture today?

"Sebastian, I'm right here, you don't have to send me a text, you know that right?" Rosie groaned, rolling over to face him on her bed to be greeted by his goofy grin.

"I know," He smiled, "But you never answered my question. We get the keys to the new place today, so maybe we should look for, you know, something to sit and sleep on?"

"Hmm... maybe..."

"Well, what else did you have in mind? Laze around in bed all day?"

"Maybe..." Rosie mumbled, giving him her own devilish smirk and pressing a soft kiss on his mouth.

Sebastian did reciprocate, he'd kick himself if he didn't, but he pried her away before they got too carried away.

Sebastian just wanted to be out of Rosie's bedroom, not needing to hide anymore. And he didn't understand why Rosie wouldn't have wanted to go there immediately.

"Well, I'm going to look at some things, at the very least a lounge," Sebastian said, prying her off him, though he really didn't want to, "You're free to come. I'll grab the keys for the apartment and head there afterwards. I'm thinking I'll move my stuff right away, stop me panicking every time I hear footsteps outside your door."

Rosie nodded, but Sebastian knew her well enough to realise that she didn't really want to nod.

"What's wrong?" He probed.

"Nothing." Rosie tried to reassure him, but the way her voice came out all croaky and followed by a small cough led Sebastian to believe that she was lying.

"Uh huh..." Sebastian said, his voice heavily laced with sarcasm as he nodded his head in a rather exaggerated manner.

Sebastian knew she wasn't entirely honest with him. He reached over and tucked a loose strand of her hair behind her ear, studying her face.

"Come on, Rosie, surely you know by now that you can tell me anything. What's bothering you?" he asked again.

Rosie sighed, he was right after all. He would have simply figured it out in the end. "Alright, fine. I just... how do I do this? Of course I want to move to the apartment but I can't just disappear. Father wants me to start at the Ministry next week and I can't very well tell him I'm moving in with my boyfriend."

"Why not? Don't you want to be away from him anyway? You don't want that job."

"I know I don't, but... you've heard about my father and what he's like. If I just leave like that, he'll make sure to make my life hell. And he will make things difficult for you too, Sebastian. I can't risk it."

Sebastian frowned, but placed his hand on top of hers, squeezing it gently. "Rosie, we'll figure this out. You can't live your life under his thumb. Just... don't tell him it's with me, maybe it's a shared house or something?"