TEN

As Bash knocked on Tobias's study door, I couldn't shake the nerves gnawing at me.  When Tobias opened the door, his gaze meeting ours, My stomach twisted with unease.

Hey, Tobias," Bash greeted, a casual smile on his face that didn't betray the seriousness of the situation.

Tobias returned the smile but set down his book, sensing the weight in the air. "What's going on?"

 I hesitated, glancing at Bash before speaking. "We need to talk. It's about Roger and what he's trying to do."

Tobias sighed, stepping to the side so we could enter. "Roger again? What's he up to now?"

Bash crossed his arms, leaning against a bookshelf. "Lyla had a vision, and it seems Roger is trying to recreate the bond—the magic that connects us."

Tobias's expression shifted from confusion to a guarded curiosity. "Recreate the bond? How is that even possible?"

As Bash explained everything to Tobias I took a moment to look around Tobias' room. I had never been in here before. I don't know what I was expecting, but this wasn't it. The room was plain no personal touches at all. No photos or anything that hinted at who Tobias was. It felt lonely in his room. My heart ached a little for him.

 A heavy silence settled in the room as Tobias processed the information. His face gave nothing away.

"Well?" I asked when the silence became too much.

The air in the room seemed to thicken with tension as Tobias took a deep breath "I never thought Roger would go this far," He finally spoke, his voice steady but laced with an undercurrent of concern. "Recreating the bond, manipulating ancient magic—it's a dangerous game."

Bash nodded in agreement. "We're in this together, and we're not backing down."

Tobias acknowledged them with a tight-lipped smile, appreciating the solidarity. Lyla's eyes, however, lingered on the plainness of Tobias's room. It spoke of a solitude that tugged at her empathy.

Is there anything you're not telling us?" I asked, my voice gentle. "About the bond, the symbols, or even yourself?"

Tobias hesitated, his eyes flickering with a mixture of emotions. "There are things I'm still figuring out, Lyla. This magic, our connection—it's uncharted territory for me too. But we need to stay focused on Roger and the immediate threat he poses."

I nodded, understanding the need to prioritize the imminent danger. Still, the room held an unspoken tension, as if the secrets within its walls were on the verge of revealing themselves.