Five

Sable Coven

In the aftermath of their failed retreat, the atmosphere within the dimly lit chamber of the Sable Order was tense. The room seemed to close in on Roger and Clark, the flickering candlelight casting long shadows that danced on the walls, mirroring the unrest that simmered within the coven. 

Roger paced before the weather alter seething in controlled fury.

The power of that girl, Lyla, caught us off guard," Roger admitted. "But in our failure lies an opportunity. We need to understand the magic that allowed them to combine their powers."

Roger's eyes narrowed as he was deep in thought his forehead lined in wrinkles of concertation. "It goes beyond mere spellcasting. There's a deeper connection, a synergy we didn't anticipate."

Clark, his frustration and jealousy festering, couldn't contain himself any longer. He spoke up for the first time since their retreat, his voice carrying a hint of sinister ambition.

"If we could replicate that connection, then think of the power we could wield,"

The room fell into a pregnant silence as Roger's calculating eyes turned to Clark. A spark of interest flickered in the depths of Roger's gaze.

"You propose to recreate the connection," Roger finally responded, his tone measured. "To forge a link between our powers as they did."

Clark nodded, a flicker of eagerness in his eyes. "Imagine the strength we'd possess, the magic we could command. With such unity, we'd be unstoppable."