Entry #18

November 10th, 1924

I went back to Brian's house. Same thing, I tried the door and it was locked. No response when I knocked. I went to check the back door and it was still open. It did not seem anyone was in the house at the time, but I could tell someone had been there. I found a weird looking doll, it was skinny and long, pure white, with two tiny beads for eyes. I went to look it over when I heard a noise and found someone was indeed in the house. A man was sitting on the couch, still. He wore basic work clothes, a white dress shirt with dark brown pants, black dress shoes, and a light brown simply patterned vest over top. He had a strange white mask on, with black details around the eyes. I went to approach him, thinking maybe it was Alex or even Brian when he ran at me, knocking me to the ground. I didn't have any time to think before his hands were around my neck. I flailed around some, trying to knock him off when suddenly he froze and I was able to get free. I turned back to look and he seemed to be having a seizure. After a moment he went still, laying there on the floor. I reached for the mask and he jerked awake, grabbing my wrist and yelling "NO!" I scrambled away, barely able to stand as I fell into another coughing fit. I remember reaching the door and I must have gotten out as I am here now to write it, but I can't remember. Maybe I was too scared by that point. I woke up here in my room, on the ground. My pocketknife is missing. It seems like a nightmare. I'm starting to regret looking into this.. perhaps Alex was smart to leave town.