Introduction and Entry #1

June 20th, 1924

The following notes are from my discoveries surrounding the works of Alexander Kralie. An old friend of mine from college and well known director. In 1922 he was in the process of shooting his next hit film, titled Marble Hornets. Over the three months that it was in the works, his film crew complained of increasing levels of stress and irritability. Near the end of shooting, Alex halted production and shut down the project before it could be finished. His reasoning was "unworkable conditions" on the set, which wasn't far from his estate. I asked what he had planned to do with the footage, as I was an aspiring director myself, and he said he was going to burn it. I hated to see all of this work go to waste, so I pushed for him to let me have it, to repurpose in one of my short films. Eventually he gave in and agreed to let me have it, under the condition that I never say a word to him about it again. Soon after, Alex left the city and I haven't seen or heard from him since. At the time, I was too busy and a little put off by the whole thing,s so I never found the time to look through the reels. I eventually forgot about them, that is until a few days ago, when I found them in the bottom of my closet. After two years and no contact with Alex, I've decided it's time to look through them and see if there's anything of value. They are unorganized and unlabeled, so besides knowing that they were filmed in the summer of 1922, I have no idea what's on them or what order they go in. Should I find anything of worth I will note it here to keep a record of what I can use for my projects.