Entry #9

July 19th, 1924

I have never seen Alex act the way he does in this next reel, not even on the worst of shooting days. The footage begins with Timothy, one of the side actors doing a scene with Sarah, the main female in the film. They go through the scene but as soon as they finish Alex comes running into frame, seeming to be yelling at them. Sarah sighs and Tim gives him a look and mouths something. Probably a sarcastic remark about how many takes they've done. Alex walks back out of frame and they start again but are soon interrupted when an assistant walks in front of the camera. Tim makes a face and pulls out a cigarette while he and Sarah wait for whatever the assistant needs to get done. After a moment the person passes back by and they start all over again. The camera cuts out, then starts again on Alex yelling at Seth. There's no sound obviously, but his face is darkened and Seth looks confused. Alex points at the camera and back to Seth, then walks off angrily. He comes back into frame holding a dog leash. "You brought your dog again?!" Is likely what he said next, as he complained about it a couple of times before when I was there. Sarah walked over, taking the leash and patted his shoulder kind of awkwardly. Alex ignored her. Tim mouthed something again and Alex snapped back. They were all very annoyed. Alex seems to apologize and he walks out of frame one last time before the reel ends. It seems the stalker is really putting him on edge.