Chapter Three: Danger Calling Upon Her

Start from the beginning

"And cut!" He says with one corner of his lips twitching up into an ugly smirk. He is the portrait of Elaois' image with only longer white hair, and he even helps the fully recovered latter to stand back up again. "I'm sure the one million followers of Elaios will be happy to see a video of him being beheaded by the bookshop owner at the back of this road."

This is not the real world but the material one, they famed you so they can better frame you!

Her fist shakes at the injustice and it is through gritted teeth that Lilith says its name, "Lao!"

Norea's eyes intensifies as Lilith's grasp grows tighter on her. "Lilith, who is he?" But the latter could only answer to this question with a tensing of her body. "Who are they?"

"Norea, you need to stay put no matter what they would do to you because those are the Archons!" At the comment, Norea gives Lilith a curt nod. "Do you hear me, no matter what?"

"Girls, it seems like you'll have to come with us or this video," Lao says as he turns the screen to face them before pressing on the play button and it shows the murder committed by Lilith in a loop. "Will end up online and to the police." Moving closer to Lilith, Lao lowered his chin to look down at her. "And if they do nothing, a mob of fans will still hunt you down!"

As neither Lilith nor Norea show a sign of resistance, Elaois approaches them with an opened bottle of spray on his hand. He shakes this poison before he covers their faces with it and the next thing they know is a void. A cold and fetid place, with a gasp escaping Norea's mouth as their thrown bodies hit against the hard floor.

Lilith feels the pain on her already aching body, but she couldn't see a thing. She could only hear a door closing with a key, locking them inside a room. She sits up, stretching out her hands in vain as they are tightened against her back with some cable tie.

This situation is not unfamiliar to her. Lilith steadies her breath, then passes her backside through the loop of her joined arms. With each leap of her body, each of her legs goes through it too, until her tied hands are now right before her face. With the help of her teeth, she pulls one end of the cable tie to tighten it around her wrists, and then she gets on her feet with her hands above her head and hits her forearms against her hipbone. The first time always hurts like hell, but after three more attempts, she is free from it.

Immediately, she removes the duct tape over her lips then the hood on her head before heading towards the weeping Norea lying on the floor, whom she releases too.

Norea leaps directly into Lilith's arms, but the latter flinches at the act and hushes her to be silent. "They will come back to take us somewhere else again!"

"Where?" Norea sniffed. "Where are we anyway!" Her eyes dart around what seems like a basement then she stands up, feet heading towards one tiny square window before crying at its sight because it has bars on it. Pressing her lips together, she throws a pained stare back at Lilith. "Why are you so calm?"

Lilith shakes her head. "I lived and saw this life a thousand times." Her face tightens as she crawls back to sit against a wall of their prison. A snigger then escapes her mouth. "But tell me, what will make me think you're Adam's daughter?" Norea widens her eyes at the question. "Adam is the earth, Eve is the plant, and Seth is the water, so what are you?"

"You know Seth?" Tears welled up behind Norea' eyelids at the mention the man's name.

"Not the answer to my question!"

Norea dips her chin into her chest and turns around so Lilith can only hear her sobs. She remains there, silent in the opposite corner of the room, before her voice breaks.

"Seth is my brother and a long time ago he and I set fire to Noah's Ark after angels told me to do so. Because of that, the Archons are after us. They already had Adams and Eve, but they can't reach to me and that's all thanks to Seth who protects me each time."

Blowing out a series of quick breaths to stay calm, Norea couldn't.

"Each time we are reborn back into this same old earth and they found me like Seth found me too and there starts the chase all over again. He fought them and they killed him, then I died too. Without Seth, I'm just that weak. I just slipped back into the other side, even if it'd reject me. I saw it so many times after I slit my veins to save Seth from being killed another time. Everything is warm there and the shining light forgave me from everything, but they still send me back to continue this sick game."

Norea burst out in tears when Lilith suddenly emerges right behind her to whirl her around so she can slap her in the face. There is anger in Lilith's curled down lips, there is disappointment in the frowning of her face, but worst of all, when Norea rises, she bows her head and apologies.

Grabbed by the throat and pinned against the wall with Lilith's breath whipping into her face, Norea freezes in that moment. Lilith, in her light-framed body, has shown more strength than Norea. Lilith, in her innocent, almost childish face, has shamed Norea in courage, but there is a taste of danger hanging from her red lips. Norea swallows hard as her eyes now rest on them, danger calling upon her, and it creates tingles all over her body. Never has she been so close to a woman before—the first ever woman. And she would have to sacrifice everything for their lips to touch in this instant if Lilith hadn't spoken first.

"You came back every time for a reason, Norea. Every time you are closer to free yourself from them, so don't give up." Lilith then leans in as her hand melts away from Norea's throat to remain stuck into her chest. "There is a light at the end of the tunnel and if you are truly Adam's daughter, you too have it in your blood to fight them without Seth's help nor mine." Heat grows between them when Lilith tucks one strand of Norea's hair behind her ear, forcing their eyes to lock. Only Norea's heartbeat could be felt, and it increases under Lilith's touch. It beats faster and faster until Lilith's body is suddenly pushed against her by force.

Norea let out a gasp with Lilith to throw her hand instantly over her mouth. A door has open near them and it has caused Lilith to crush the body of Norea against the wall. There is now a man in the room with them who calls out for their names. Between their pressed bodies, Lilith makes her sword appear and, in one swift move, she turns around, lashes her weapon out to slice through the door, chopping off the man's head at the same time.

Still pinned against the wall, Norea relaxes her body, but her head still spins around at the shock of the event.

While with a raised sword in one of her hand, Lilith creeps out of the door. "Wait here!"

But Norea doesn't listen to it. She has to follow Lilith to the outside.

There, she sees flashes of Lilith beheading shades pulsing with the light to the rhythm of her heartache. The pulsation grows faster out of fear, out of concern, then out of love when suddenly she blinks again and this time Lilith is by her side, strong, alive, just drenches in blood. All the actions leave Norea drench too but in another kind of wetness.

"We're alright to move now!" Lilith lifts her chin towards Norea, who could only nod her head at the command with her hands clutching tighter on a notebook against her stomach. Lilith then turned her head to face the sole exit with squinted eyes. "And something tells me we should walk towards the light!"

 "And something tells me we should walk towards the light!"