Chapter 1: Temple Rescue

(Sumiko's point of view)
"I've been trapped in this goddamn temple for two decades.", I thought as I sat on the floor in the wooden cage I had woken up in when I was only a year old. "My, my. You look very gloomy tonight.", Doma said in a cheerful tone and I glared at him with my eyebrows pointed down as he came in after sliding the door open. "If you actually think I'm going to allow you to hurt me further, think again.", I replied. "Boo, Sumiko. You were able to see through the look on my face.", he said. "Drop the goddamn charade, Doma. I've known you to be sadistic and cold natured since I was eight.", I snarled. "You really know when you're about to say something you know to be true. It's something you'll pay for.", he replied. "I wouldn't count on it.", another voice said. At that moment, a blow sent him crashing into the wall of the room and I looked to see a young man standing in the doorway while holding a sword in his left hand. He turned his gaze towards me and walked over to where I was. "Are you okay?", he asked. "Yes.", I answered. "Good. Now step back. I'm getting you out of here.", he said. I stepped towards the back of the wooden cage and he used his sword to cut it open. I stepped out of the hole as he put his sword back into its sheath. I looked at Doma, who was out cold from crashing into the wall. "What about him?", I asked. "Leave him. I would rather fight him when you're in a safer place.", the swordsman replied. I nodded and followed him out of the large temple. Once outside, the swordsman lifted me up into his arms and began running in a quick motion.