Ch.17 Why?

Disclaimer I do not own My Hero Academia nor any DC Properties

I only own the Plot and Original Characters

--

*Narrator POV*

Izuku stood on the edge of a rooftop overlooking the dark city, it was a thunderstorm out evident by the endless rain and the occasional flash of light that illuminated the dark city followed by the roar of thunder. He was in his usual attire minus his red helmet, after all it was most likely going to get destroyed after tonight. He felt the tracker Bakugo thought he had subtly placed on Izuku, it was a time-based one as well. It would lay dormant for a week in case the target switched locations and then activated itself. Quite clever but not original, which was why he was here waiting for them to arrive. He began cracking his knuckles in a warmup as he heard wet plops of footsteps behind him.

"It's true. You are alive." 

Izuku's body flinched against his will as he turned around seeing a very old All Might. Still a tall man even in his old age, he was slightly hunched with a cane holding him up. He would be surprised that he was still alive if he didn't know that Eri had healed his wound allowing him to live a normal old person life. 'Annoying.' thought Izuku as he was already scanning the nearby rooftops for the ambush.

"Young Midoriya, I-"

"Sorry All Might, but this little reunion wasn't a part of my plan. So, fuck off." All Might flinched at the tone already feeling weird seeing Izuku of all people cussing him out, but it has been a long time. "You say that Young Midoriya but yet you choose the very roof we had our first conversation all those years ago." Izuku raised his eyebrows as he looked around the same moment a bolt of lightning illuminated the area and sure enough, it was the same roof. Izuku just hummed to himself at that.

"What happened to you?" All Might didn't need to address who he was talking to. "I died. Then I was resurrected with no memories of that life. I lived a whole different life until someone helped me remember the life before."

"Then why didn't you come back to us?" All Might almost sounded desperate to Izuku, causing the younger man to fully turn to him with a sigh. "Several years had already passed by then. Even then my memories were....imperfect, so to me, they meant nothing compared to what I have now. You could say I moved on in a sense, not because I wanted to but because I already had. Maybe you guys should have too." The conversation between the two died allowing the pitter-patter of the rain to be alone.

"Izuku...""There are some things in this world All Might, that are more important than memories that have no meaning." All Might growled uncharacteristicly followed by another flash that illuminated his face. "Then what's so important that it was able to make you fall so far?" shouted All Might with clear anguish making Izuku's eye twitch for a second.

"They didn't make me fall All Might. I was long in the trenches before they came around, if anything they are the reason this conversation is happening." "Than who was able to save you, Izuku?" Izuku didn't answer as he scanned the area around him, finally seeing that his ambush had arrived. Lightning struck illuminating the roof again showing the whole of Class 1-A on the roof now, surrounding Izuku. Izuku scoffed as he started stretching.

"From what it sounds like, it seems to be a child or lover," concluded Shoto making Izuku stiffen for a second, just enough to ouust himself. He turned to Bakugo who was slightly in the back and he just shook his head no signaling he hadn't told anyone. "From his expression, it seems both exist, but I'm leaning towards the child as the main reason." inputted Jiro as she used her enhanced hearing to see if he was panicking or not. Izuku growled under his breath but his heart dropped as he felt a presence behind him and swung backward barely missing the invisible pickpocket. Now Izuku was seeing red as he saw the Invisible woman holding up a little moose charm. "Yep definitely a child," replied Tooru while wagging the charm back and forth.