Money & Yachts

I decide to send Alec a text message before going to sleep, thinking he'll like that.

Done with the packing. YAY, I type and quickly press send before having time to change my mind.

I lay down in my bed, waiting for his reply, a smile playing on my lips when I hear the beeping of my phone, alerting me of a new message.

Well done M. Bates, Shall we have breakfast tomorrow as a celebration?

I think about this for a second, pondering if I should make him wait a bit longer.

Okay, I'll be ready by 10 tomorrow.

I place my phone on my bedside table and close my eyes, unable to hide the grin that is slowly spreading on my slightly flushed face as butterflies unfurl in my stomach at the thought of seeing him again.

What is this man doing to me? I shake my head in disapproval, Keep it together Sarah!

I wake up early the next day, thinking about my outfit while brushing my teeth. Anna is in the living room, reading the newspaper as usual.

"You seem cheery this morning", she says suspiciously when I walk in, unable to resist the smile on my face.

"I'm going to have breakfast with Alec but I'll be back before the movers come okay?" I inform her, grabbing a banana from the bowl on the counter and heading back to my room, catching a glimpse of Anna's small smile before I disappear in to my room.

I spend quite some time picking out my outfit. Finally, I decide on some high-waisted denim shorts and a plain black t-shirt, pairing it with some cute sandals since the weather is looking sunny today.

I brush my hair and braid it in a simple sideway braid then carefully apply some mascara and lip gloss. I stand, staring at myself in the long mirror.

"I'm not dressing up for him, I'm dressing up because I want to feel pretty", I mutter to myself unconvincingly. I don't usually like to wear shorts that show off a lot of my legs but I felt like it today. The t-shirt is very casual, very plain so he might not think I'm dressing up anyway.

It's exactly 10 o'clock when I hear a firm knock on the apartment door.

Hmm, very punctual, I note in my mind.

I answer it and am greeted by the sight of Alec, smiling in navy shorts and a white polo shirt. His soft black hair is left uncombed and sexy, a few strands falling over his forehead and showing off his glowing blue eyes.

"Good morning Sarah", he says, his voice soft.

He hands me a beautiful bouquet of purple and yellow irises. I take it, staring dumbfound. The colors of the flower are so beautiful. I push my nose in the midst of the bouquet, smiling at the sweet scent of the colorful flowers.

"These are amazing", I say, smiling, "Thank you, you really didn't have to", I say, stepping aside to let him in.

"I wanted to", he replies in his charming British accent.

"Just let me find a vase for these", I say, heading to the kitchen.

"No problem, take your time", he says, offering me that small smile that makes my heart skip a beat.

"Anna", I yell right as she's coming out of the hallway.

"Yes?", she says, her voice annoyed up until she sees Alec, "Oh hey Alec",she greets him, waving her hand.

He smiles and nods at her.

"Can you please find a vase for these?" I ask her, handing her the flowers,, "Me and Alec need to go so I can be back in time for the move", I say, grabbing Alec's arm and pulling him to the door.