Chapter XXX - Time Heist

Start from the beginning

"If you are going there, then I'm going with you." Spoke Banner, which made everyone turn at him. "Or you might get carried away with yet another stone."

"You won't let that go?"

"You mind controlled the Hulk!"

"Because you were having an existential crisis in the middle of an invasion!"

"Seriously, guys, calm down. We need to focus here." The stern voice of Natasha cut through their impending argument.

"Perhaps we should move on?" Murmured Rhodey.

"Yeah, we ain't got all day for your hissy arguments." Added Rocket while scratching his snout lazily.

While the rest of the team tried to wake up Thor for him to elaborate on the Reality Stone, Victor received a notification on his phone.

"Be right back." He whispered to Clint, who was only silently watching the proceedings. Once he could smell the fresh air, Victor dialed a number. "Talk to me, Wong."

"We've located the Wundagore mountain and found the castle. It was, as the legend said. All the spells from the Darkhold were carved there."

"You all right? You sound a bit winded."

"It turned out that the nonexistence of the Scarlet Witch did not stop the guardians from awakening. So, I'm a bit winded." Victor rolled his eyes. Wong was being dramatic as always.

"Is it done?"

"Yes. We've destroyed the entire building. Every rock piece that contained the original spell from that book does not exist anymore."

"Good. That's one less worry for us. Without it and the castle, no one will be tempted again."

"It's a major victory for us, yes. Where are you, Victor? Are you coming to Kamar-Taj?"

"I'm afraid not. We, I mean, the Avengers, are going to try to reverse the snap."

"WHAT?!"

"Yeah, I know, but I wouldn't be here if this was just wishful thinking. Just make sure that the sorcerers are prepared for whatever might happen."

Wong only grunted in response. Victor then felt a poke on his shoulder. It was Natasha.

Natasha Romanoff POV

"We need you back inside, Vic. Besides, I've ordered Chinese takeout."

"I need to go; just remember what I told you, Wong." Victor followed the ex-Russian spy back inside. Their steps echoed in the empty building.

"Who was it?" Natasha hated the silence that permeated this building, her home. She had to fill it.

"Are you interrogating me now?" Victor smirked.

"Maybe. Do I have a reason to?" She replied lightly. However, she was feeling worried about him. While, he hasn't reacted the same way as Clint, Victor has changed, not necessarily for the better. She was missing the sweet and gentle side of his.

"We need to make this work. I need to bring Wanda and everyone back. They must be happy. They all deserve it." She steeled herself inside.

"Well, to make a long story short, Wong is now the Sorcerer Supreme since Strange got dusted. For some time now, I've been helping him deal with more supernatural problems of this world. We've discussed one of such problems."

"Should I be worried?"

"Not anymore, Natasha. It's been dealt with." His tone reminded her of Director Fury. "Anyway, did you wake up, Thor?"