Chapter XVI - Sugar

Faust Manor, September 16, 2017, Poland

Wanda Maximoff's POV

"Maybe I should put on a darker lipstick?"

Wanda was carefully inspecting her makeup in front of the mirror. Gone was the little girl with glassy eyes or the woman scared of her powers. She was at peace. As she was spreading dark lipstick over her pink lips, she saw Victor leaning on the door frame. Seeing her love, she couldn't help but slow down her actions. She raised her chin slightly and felt his thoughts enter her mind. A burning feeling of pride swelled in her chest, seeing and hearing, the effect she had on Victor. She felt his essence, like a claw, slowly moving through her spine, asking for more. 

It really wasn't possible to describe how it felt to share the mind of someone you loved. His every joy and pleasure were hers as well. Wanda was able to sense how her touch made him feel, and Victor could do the same. Their deep connection paved the way for some unforgivable moments.

"I need a few more minutes."

"It's all right, honey. Take all the time you need." He moved in closer and leaned over. His lips tenderly brushed against her neck, both kissing and playfully nibbling her velvet skin. Wanda gripped the edge of the desk. Through her closed lips, a small whimper of delight escaped.

"We can't, darling. You will mess up my makeup." Wanda said between quick breaths as Victor relentlessly continued. "We will be late."

"You can always use magic." He murmured while resting his chin on her shoulder. His gray eyes met her emeralds in the pristine, glassy reflection.

"I know, but I like doing things normally."

"You look radiant, Wanda. I will need to fight off plenty of men tonight, won't I?"

"You are sweet, but I will be the first to fight them off." After finishing the last touches, she stood up and placed her hands behind his neck. "You are the only one who gets to touch me." Once again, she felt the sweet, warm fire that, like the rays of the summer sun, coiled around her soul.

"Keep talking like that, and we will stay right here." Wanda smirked and kissed his lips, leaving a mark from her dark lipstick. She was about to pull out, but Victor kissed her back with such passion that she felt her leg rise. His phone's ringing broke their embrace.

"Sounds like our ride."

"Mhm... but we will go back to this, darling." She caressed his cheek for a bit, and they were off.

As they were taking the stairs and moving to the living room, they passed by vibrant displays of ever-blooming plants that adorned every corner. Each of them proudly presented different colors and shapes, all beaming with life. The air, once full of dust, was now permanently filled with the invigorating fragrances of flowers and herbs. Wanda loved the change. Victor turned this place into the heart of the forest that surrounded them.

Amidst the magical greenery, a large painting hanging in the center of the living room commanded attention. It depicted Wanda and Victor in a gentle moment of intimacy. The dark background was filled to the brim with bright gold and silver stars. The previously empty shelves were now adorned with framed pictures of their sweet moments, all locked in glass coffins, never to be forgotten. Wanda felt exceptionally proud when she gave it to Victor as a Christmas gift last year.

Victor opened the wardrobe and helped Wand put on her new green jacket. Grabbing his coat, he turned to her.

"Will you do the honors?"

"With pleasure." The tip of her finger glowed red, and she drew a small symbol similar to the letter 'A' on his chest. The symbol disappeared before Wanda finished drawing the same thing on her chest. They welcomed the cold winds unbothered as soon as they left the house and started going to the iron gates. The rosebushes gained a new life. They now looked more like red chains that kept on blooming despite the weather.