Chapter XXVIII - Love and Tears

June 30th, Agatha's home, 2019, Salem, Massachusetts US

Agatha Harkness POV

"It's gone... It really is gone. The Darkhold is gone. Surely, this is some cruel nightmare."

The only thing one could hear right now were the heave breaths of the three people inside. Everyone was just staring at the crater. The oldest and most powerful magical artifact was gone, and for the first time in her long life, Agatha didn't know what to do nor think. She wanted to scream and rage, but she could not ignore a certain and profound feeling of relief. Her mind, while exhausted, felt more clear, more at peace. But her mental comfort meant nothing compared to the endless ocean of power that she just lost. So she chose what she always knew; rage.

"How could you?! You moronic boy!" She yelled at Victor, ignoring how her cousin visibly flinched at the word 'boy' "I've sacrificed everything for that book! I needed it! I deserved it!"

She stood up and run to his pale and glistering with sweat face.

"No, you did not." He murmured.

"This was not for you to decide! I needed this power for protection! I thought you've understood me! This was my way of finally getting free of fear." She tried to blink away the tears, but they just kept pouring. She barely recognized what she was feeling right now. It was just too much.

"You never needed protection, Agatha." Her cousin said with his voice much more measured and stronger. "The fear you speak off was left with the witch trails. You've brought on yourself this danger." He motioned to the human Ghost Rider, whose eyes were dancing between them and the crater. "There is hardly anyone that could actually hurt you, and now... Now you've got me, cousin. Hate me if you must, but at least now you will be alive and sane enough to do this."

Her scream died inside. Her hands twitched, reaching to his throat. She really did not know what to do with her cousin. It's all because deep down she was feeling more and more relived with that book gone. Therefore, her hands only grabbed and squeezed her black hair. With a groan, she pressed her forehead to the cold wall.

"I never thought it would be possible for someone to resist the Darkhold and destroy it. I was forced to guard that cursed thing for so long that now... it feels like a joke." The man addressed the pair. Agatha did not bother to acknowledge this.

"Why didn't you destroy it then? And who the hell are you exactly?" Victor accused the Rider.

"My name is Johnny Blaze, and I was ordered to guard the Darkhold by the same guy who gave me my fiery good looks." He moved this hand through his short black hair. "Your actions here Victor were very noble, fuck, I don't think a human has ever impressed me this much. That being said, I sincerely hope you are prepared for what is coming next."

"What? You want another round?" Johnny smirked slightly and shook his head.

"Absolutely not. I'm just saying that the current owner of that book and I mean the real owner won't be pleased about this." He sighed and dusted off his leather jacket. "Or maybe he will, it's not like I was ever able to understand that fucker."

"What fucker? Who created that book?"

"The author was a demon called Chthon. Imagine a pissed off mix of the Cthulhu and the Grim Reaper. Luckily, he isn't around anymore. Unlike my... boss, that is."

"And your boss is?"

"Sorry, can't say. Company secret." He said bitterly. "Anyway, with the book gone and the morning sun in the sky, there is nothing left for me here. Take care. Oh, and Agatha?"

The Blue Mage (Wanda Maximoff X Male OC) (ON HOLD)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें