Chapter VIII - Merlin, Part 2

Lux office building, Warsaw

Victor Faust POV

"You worthless waste of space! Did you think hiding with Ida would fix anything? You thought I would just forget about you?"

"No, I didn't... Grandmother said she just wanted to take care of me."

"And now she is dead, isn't she? You just keep killing everyone around you, boy. You're lucky; you are of use to me."

"Fuck my life," Victor whispered.

"Why would someone wish to copulate with your existence, Victor?"

Of course, the android would hear him over the traffic jams and pedestrians that moved around them. They were currently standing near the back door of the building, waiting for their signal. Vision even managed to look like a normal human, if not a bit skinny and tall. Although, he had to wear a hat to hide his glowing yellow stone,

"It's just an expression, Vision."

"As I thought. Why would you use such an expression? Are you feeling nervous about the operation?"

"Yeah, that's precisely why." Victor rubbed his temples.

"You formerly worked admirably under pressure. What has changed? Is it because it's your home country?"

"Drop it, Vision."

"I wish to help Victor, and not just because of the impending operation." After some hesitation, he added. "Wanda has also noticed your unusual behavior."

"Oh, don't get me started on you and Wanda, you can of unpeeled tomatoes." It was easy to get angry at him; it was much easier to feel angry than scared. "If you bother her again, I will choke you with your cables!" Vision took a step back. His human face was far more expressive. After seeing his look of fear and hurt, Victor took a pause.

"I know that I tend to make people uncomfortable. It is still difficult for me to understand all the social cues and act like everyone else. I won't bother Wanda anymore I assure you." He smiled slightly. "She doesn't need my help when she has such a protector." Victor sight.

"I'm sorry, Vision. It's just that Wanda is the closest person I have in this world, and this means everything to me, even Wanda does not know just how much." Victor pulled out a card from his pocket and gave it to Vision. "If you want to understand people, you need to spend more time with regular folk. Let's be honest, the Avengers are far from the norm." Vision looked at the card and raised an eyebrow.

"It's a shelter."

"Yes, it is Vision. This is also a place where many survivors from Sokovia appeared after the catastrophe, since when a Sokovian started to work there. I sneak out of the compound occasionally and help there. Go there, Vision, and talk to these people, listen to them and help them." He looked at Victor with honest gratitude.

"Thank you, Victor. I appreciate this." A series of loud crashes echoed from the building. The surrounding pedestrians started to run away. In complete chaos, Victor cast his invisibility spell.

"That's our signal." Vision only nodded and phased his hand through the door handle, only to open it in a second.

The pair started to go further into the facility. The chaos Wanda and Natasha created forced most staff members to evacuate or try to stop them. Victor and Vision swept through the facility, avoiding or destroying security cameras and knocking out guards. They eventually entered the lower levels. The smell of broken pipes made Victor cover his nose. After taking the stairs further down, they stood in a long room. The stench of urine and blood made Victor want to puke. The room was lit with pale green lights, and in every room, there was a visible Hydra logo.