𝟐𝟒, 𝐣𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐚𝐡 𝐟𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐫

Start from the beginning

"Course you would put it back on me, making yourself the victim," He waved his arms around and scoffed, "It's always fucking about you, Olivia Mae Brooke, you've gone and done it again!" He shouted making me jump back in fright.

"Jeremiah stop you sound crazy."

"No! You're selfish," He pushed his finger into my chest making me step back weakly on my bad leg, "You're manipulative, and my mom would not want you in her house, let alone near me or Conrad."

"Take that back, you don't mean that." I breathed out, a sour look on my face.

"I mean every word."

That argument haunted my thoughts and till this day Conrad never knew it happened and I wanted it to stay that way. Even looking at Jeremiah sent shivers down my spine, seeing him so riled up that day scared me, he was blind-sighted by rage and pure red yet right now he looked so calm.

"Have you heard anything from Conrad?" I questioned, wanting to take the awkward tension away from between us.

"Nope nothing, he won't answer my calls or texts," He sighed as we walked up the steps to the grand building.

"Me neither," I looked down.

"It's a good thing you're here though because I don't know what floor he's on or room he's in." He smiled making me smile, "Then again you were here all the time so you would know." His tone was sour making my smile drop and its sly remark.

Because Conrad and I were both in college we were a lot closer than what we would be if I was at home so it made the distance a lot easier.

I opened the door for Jeremiah and he nodded his head subtly as I trailed behind him. The place was packed as we swerved between people before I finally pointed out his dorm number.

"This is it."

Jeremiah sighed heavily before knocking yet the door creaked open, no lock or anything making us both give each other a weird look. Jeremiah went in first and I followed after yet it was empty, Conrad's side of the room was immaculate, even the bed was made which was unlike him.

"He even made his bed," I muttered as I traced my hand over his bedsheet.

We both jumped back as a tall man in a bathrobe walked into the room just as startled as we were.

"This is my room you guys are looking through."

"Hey man," Jeremiah seemed so calm, a lot calmer than me because my heart was racing, "I'm Conrad's brother we talked on the phone earlier." The boy connected the dots as he nodded whilst placing his things down.

"Connie is not back is he?"

"Uh, I haven't seen him since yesterday afternoon."

"Did anything else happen before he left?" I questioned.

"Uh, he was on the phone with someone, from what I could hear she sounded upset and he looked as if he was gonna find her or something cause he had his keys." My heart dropped as his friend spoke.

The last time he had been seen was on the phone to me.

"Oh, that was me he was on the phone to," I bit my lip as the boy widened his eyes.

"So you're Olivia, that makes so much more sense." He chuckled.

"We don't have time for this." Jeremiah snapped, "Did he do anything else?"

"Well before that he was mad, like I haven't heard anyone shout the way he did, he was talking to someone then he shouted some crazy shit before calling you." He pointed at me.

"Then he just took off? Do you have any idea who he was yelling at?" I could tell Jeremiah was getting impatient but I didn't dare look at him.

"Probably some government person who is watching us as we speak," He laughed, not understanding how serious the situation was.

I was beginning to think that we weren't going to make much progress from speaking to his roommate who thought this was one big joke.

"So that was the last time you spoke to him?"

"No, he messaged me this morning asking if I could take notes for him in Bio 'cause he was gonna miss it."

It was very unlike Conrad to miss a lesson, I knew that since being at College he had knuckled down. He made sure he attended all his lessons and was doing well actually, much better than me.

We then proceeded by asking his roommate to call him but of course, there was no answer. A voice could be heard as a girl in a green t-shirt and shorts walked into the room asking where something was as we awkwardly stood there watching the interaction.

"Straight to voicemail, but Sophie might know where Conrad went."

I felt a pang of jealousy go through my body as I stood looking at this beautiful girl for answers. Part of me didn't want her to know where he was because that would mean they were a lot closer than I was with Conrad.

"Um, I think he said he was hanging out with his Cousin by the beach." I shared a look with Jeremiah, a knowing one at that.

"Alright, Liv let's go." Jeremiah tapped my shoulder but we were stopped.

"Oh shit yeah Sophie, this is the famous Olivia." The two college students shared a look of their own, "Yeah remember when they broke up, my man was a mess, fell into some sort of depression I was convinced."

I was in a state of shock, "I- I don't think that was because of me." I almost laughed, there was no way that was because of our break-up.

"Nah, yeah it definitely was, he was always looking at your picture on his phone." Jeremiah looked away as I let out a sigh, "Uh anyways, if you guys find him tell him that he has to be back for the Bio final on Thursday or he doesn't pass the class."

"Wait seriously?" I asked in shock as his roommate nodded, "I'll grab his laptop if you grab his books," I tapped Jeremiah and he nodded.

As I picked up the laptop there was a pile of messy papers, it looked like notes but that wasn't what got my attention. On top of his calendar was the heart necklace that he had once given me making my body freeze.

He had kept it.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

𝙞 𝙢𝙞𝙨𝙨 𝙮𝙤𝙪, 𝙞'𝙢 𝙨𝙤𝙧𝙧𝙮, 𝙩𝙨𝙞𝙩𝙥

⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻
©- 𝙜𝙧𝙖𝙮𝙢𝙖𝙮𝙗𝙖𝙣𝙠𝙯 / 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟰