" then we must find him somewhere else . he have already been in this region , can't be here ." Meowth retorted .

" we are going to the contest and then we will go to find that twerp ." Jessie stated to which Meowth sighed and agreed to her .

They flew towards Verdanturf town on Route 117 in their hot air balloon . They were flying the balloon to the town until Jame's eyes caught a glimpse of something .

" Hey look there are 2 trainers sleeping there . lets steal their pokemons first ." James effused .

" yeah , lets go ." Mewoth chimed in .

They lowered their balloon to the ground where they saw the trainers . As soon as they were near both of them , they got shocked .

" is that the twerp and twerpette ?" James asked in shock .

" yeah , they look like them . see , even pikachu is out of his pokeball ." Jessie said .

" Its great , we were finding the twerp and we found them . now , lets get pikachu ." Meowth laughed .

" hey Jessie , don't you think they both are pretty close ?" James asked as he watched Ash holding Serena and her head kept on his chest as they were sleeping .

" Yeah , i have never seen them this close before........maybe i know why they are close , they are a couple now ." Jessie stated as she thought about the reason .

" stop this bullshit , we have to capture pikachu ." Meowth scolded them and they both shivered and nodded .

They descended their balloon towards the ground a bit more to get pikachu but James had a different plan .

" hey look , i got this smoke bomb . if we throw it , they won't be able to see us stealing pikachu ." James told as he showed them the smoke bomb .

" its great , lets do it ." Meowth agreed and took out the pin of the bomb and threw it at the ground .

As soon as the bomb landed on the ground , smoke started escaping from it due to which Ash and Serena woke up including pikachu .

" Whats happening ?" Ash asked while coughing due to the smoke .

" i can't see anything . where are you Ash ?" Serena shouted and Ash tried to find her .

" lets go , we need pikachu ." Meowth whispered , James and Jessie both got a sack and dived in the smoke and came back after a time .

" we got it , lets go now ." Jessie said and Meowth grinned and flew the balloon high in the sky .

Here , the smoke finally started to disappear and Ash was coughing till now . He used his hands to disperse the smoke and when the smoke finally disappeared , he breathed clean air .

" Serena , are you fine ?" Ash asked but there was no response . 

When he looked around , he could not see neither pikachu nor Serena . His got nervous and scared when he couldn't see Serena .

" SERENA ! PIKACHU !" He shouted to get a response but there was nothing .

His anxiety was growing and he was remembering his nightmares due to which his breaths got heavier .

" No , she said she will not leave me , it can't be . she has not gone ." Ash spoke to himself , anxiety taking over him .

" Serena ! Serena ! SERENA !!" He shouted and a tear escaped his eye .

" where are you ? i need to find her ." Ash uttered and put the picnic cloth in his backpack . 

He ran here and there in the way but there was no sign of Serena , he was loosing hope to find her  .