Chapter 23

" So what are we doing today ?" Ash asked .

" umm.... we didn't really explore the city..... so how about we do it " Serena answered after thinking for a while .

" yeah , that sounds good ." Ash responded with a smile .

Both of them went out to explore the city arm in arm with their pokemons beside them . 

They passed by many shops and houses as they were busy enjoying the view of city along with their pokemons . 

After walking through the streets of city , Ash recommended walking by the outskirts of the city where they can enjoy the view of the ocean  . After approval of Serena , both of them went there and got engrossed in watching the magnificent view of the ocean .

After some time , they thought of walking back to the Pokemon Center for lunch . They were just about to reach the Center but they were caught by a voice .

" Run for your life !!!" They looked behind to see some kids along with a woman running to the Pokemon Center .

" What happened Miss ?" Ash asked as they approached the woman .

" You look like trainers.... you see there is a sandstorm going on in the central part of the city . " The woman said after catching her breath .

" A sandstorm ?"  Both Ash and Serena squeaked in shock .

" yeah.... its weird for a sandstorm to just start but its happening and... almost half of the part of central city is covered in it ." The woman told them .

" that is impossible ."  Ash muttered and Serena hummed in agreement .

" i think you should stay away from there . we need to go too , come kids ." The woman contended and went away with the kids .

" we need to check that ." Ash asserted and Serena agreed and they both ran towards the central part of the city .

After reaching there , they really saw a sandstorm which was covering almost half of the area and people were running for their lives . They both went closer to the storm along with Sylveon and pikachu .

As they were almost near it , Serena heard a peculiar sound or specifically a cry and she got lured in the sandstorm . She escaped her arm from his arm and started moving towards the sandstorm scaring Ash and their pokemons .

" PIKA!!" " SYLVE!!" "SERENA!!" All of them shouted but she kept on moving .

She was about to get sucked in it if it wasn't for Ash to pull her and get sucked himself in the sandstorm . after that , pikachu and sylveon gasped in shock and Serena came back to reality .

" huh Ash ?" Serena panicked as she noticed her surroundings .

Pikachu and Sylveon gave a cry and then pointed to sandstorm and Serena got shocked as she understood that Ash is sucked in the sandstorm .

" ASH!!! ARE YOU THERE ?" She shouted in hope to get a response but there was nothing . 

Serena didn't had a flying type pokemon and Sylveon's fairy wind would not be enough to push away the deadly storm . she fell on her knees still hoping to see him .

" its all my fault...." She mumbled and shed a tear .

On the other hand , Ash who got pulled in the sandstorm was having difficulty standing and looking around as the dirt was going in his eyes . He moved further in hope to find something .

" i need *coughs * help . Lucario , i choose you ." Ash managed to speak and toss a pokeball .

Lucario came out of the pokeball and he struggled to stand just like Ash but after a moment , he managed his footing and stood on the ground shielding his eyes from the sandstorm .