Hmmm... We will see... she said and turned away to sleep.. he hugged her from behind and patted her slowly...

Weeks passed at it's the day of her first scan..

All got ready and went to the hospital and they are waiting outside the door for doctor.. Soundarya took appointment with doctor at non consulting hours so they can avoid public gatherings at the hospital after seeing Rudra.. she just don't want to spoil the hospital environment that's all..

The doctor came and called them inside..

Hello doctor.. she looked at them and Huffed..

Soundarya, you all, like a family will going to accompany her every check-up, aren't you? She asked..

Yeah, for sure.. any doubts in that? Shiva thatha asked.. she shook her head..

I expected this.. she gave a tight smile and asked Meenakshi to come and sit beside her..

She asked the nurse to check her BP.. and she did few basic check-ups..

Doctor, her nausea is becoming worst day by day. Even after drinking water she is feeling the urge to puke.. is this okay? Rudra asked..

Are you taking all the pills regularly? She asked..

Yes doctor.. Meenakshi said..

Oh, okay.. then.. nurse, is the scanning room ready?

Yes doctor.. Prabha sister is there.. the nurse replied..

Then Meenakshi, come we will do the first scan of this little munchkin.. she said .. all stood up and Anupama glared at them.. I asked Meenakshi only.. she said..

Can I come with her? Rudra asked.. yeah you can, Soundarya you also come.. and you both please wait outside.. she said and went..

I'm going to give castor oil coffee for her if she comes to our house.. Shiva thatha said and Devaraj laughed..

Appa, Meenakshi will feel uncomfortable if we both are with her while scan.. come .. they went out and here, Meenakshi laid down on the bed beside the scan machine..

Have you drink enough water? Anupama asked..

Yes doctor, nurse akka asked me to drink a bottle of water before itself.. Meenakshi said and she nodded..

She applied the gel on the curvilinear and kept it on Meenakshi's tummy and motioned Rudra and Soundarya. They came and stood beside Meenakshi..

Why we didn't do the first scan like others? Even Shanti ma told me that they are doing ultrasound in first checkup itself..? Soundarya asked..

As we confirmed her pregnancy by blood samples there is no need for that.. actually this ultrasound is very important and enough in my point of view.. others will do as whatever they are okay with.. she shrugged..

Okay.. Soundarya said..

Come lets see the baby.. she said and moved the scan equipment on Meenakshi's tummy.. they all looking at the monitor eagerly.. see, this is the uterus, and ovaries and you can see a tiny baby.. Anupama showed everything and Meenakshi held Rudra's hands and looked at him once whom is seeing the monitor with tears in his eyes.. she again looked at the monitor and her tears flowed out from happiness.. Soundarya smiled widely looking at the screen..

The baby is healthy.. but Meena, you seem weaker than last check up.. she said looking at the screen..

That nausea is making her weak Anu.. Soundarya said worriedly..

Then they heard the most important sound, the baby's heartbeat..

What's that? Rudra asked..

Baby's heartbeat.. Anupama said and Rudra felt a summersault inside.. he snapped his head to Meenakshi and gripped her hand Meenakshi also looking at him and their held a lot of emotions that words cannot describe them, only that conveyed between the couple..