Chapter 1

It was a normal sun shining, sandy day for the crew of the Ghost, except Hera and Kanan were acting strange. Zeb, Sabine and Chopper didn't notice, but Ezra did; he entered the kitchen where everyone was either eating, cooking or arguing, the usual."Hey everyone" Ezra greeted with a smile on his face; everyone replied just as cheery, except Kanan who looked like he was deep in thought."Hello, anyone in there" Ezra jokingly asked, trying to get the mans attention, but he got the reply that none of them were expecting. "What!" Kanan snapped as he turned to the teen, shocking everyone, but especially Ezra "sorry Kanan, just wanted to say hi, I'll leave you alone" Ezra said before turning and running out the way he came, but no where near as happy. Kanan sighed and rubbed his forehead, knowing two things: one, everyone left in the room was now staring at him and two, knowing he needed to apologise to the kid as soon as possible. The Jedi quickly jumped out of his seat and shouted whilst running after his Padawan "Ezra!! Wait!!". He could no longer see Ezra so he looked in the boy's shared cabin, but there was no sign of him there, so Kanan turned to something that he knew would work; the force. The man concentrated for a few seconds before he felt where the teenager was; Ezra was sat on top of the ship, so Kanan made a B-line for the ladder. Once on top of the ship, Kanan saw Ezra sat on the edge, knees pulled up to his chest, head resting on them with a clear hurt and sad look plastering his face which made the guilt in the man worsen; Kanan made his way over and sat next to him. Signing, he finally spoke "I'm sorry Ezra, I shouldn't have shouted at you" he began a he rubbed the back of his neck "I've just been stressed out lately and...I guess it just got to me" he explained, looking down at the floor, ashamed at his actions from just momenta ago. Ezra looked towards his Master and gave a small smile "it's ok Kanan, it's just you've...never shouted at me like that before" he reassured, earning a smile in return from the man "anyway, why have you been stressed out??" Ezra asked, tilting his head a little like a curious puppy; Kanan began to explain "we're low on credits and need some fast, we've had no missions lately" he sighed before smiling again "but don't worry, we'll find something" he stated, trying to sound confident; Ezra nodded but still worried about everything wanting to help.

A few hours later.....

"Get out!!" Zeb roared at Ezra and Chopper as he threw them out of the cabin "and stay out!!" was the last part before he locked the door. The young boy didn't bother to try and get back in since he knew he would most likely die at any attempt. Turning away from his cabin, all he did was kick Chopper, adding "cheers Chop, you just cost me my bed" the only reason Zeb kicked them out was because the rust bucket zapped the Lasat in his sleep, possibly making the teen laugh before being pulled off of his own bunk. Ezra headed to the common room where he saw Kanan and Hera looking at him with raised eye brows, most likely due to the roar from Zeb. "What happened now??" Hera asked as she folded her arms, waiting to hear this story; Ezra sat down as he explained "Chopper got into our room again and electrocuted Zeb, which may mor may not have made me laugh a little" he stated, earning two smirks "so he got mad and threw both of us out, so now I have no where to sleep" the kid finished, annoyance clear in his voice. Both adults chuckled before Hera stood and left, most likely to talk to Chopper whilst Kanan started up a new conversation with Ezra, but all was cut short when the ship began to shake "we're under attack!!". Within seconds, everyone was out side, hiding behind crates whilst shooting at the Imperials when things went from bad to worse; the Inquisitor had decided to make an appearance!! And was now fighting Kanan!! Ezra joined his Master and helped him fight the Inquisitor; Chopper was busy preparing the ship to take off whilst the rest of the Crew began to retreat back into the Ghost. They were up in the air in the matter of minutes thanks to Hera's incredible piloting; she made a B-line for space, relieved that there were no TIE's coming after the. Once they were all safe, the Crew headed to the kitchen, all except Ezra "where's the kid??" Sabime asked, noticing the missing presence; Kanan decided to find and check on the kid. He returned to the ramp and saw Ezra, but he noticed how the kid seemed to favour the right side of his stomach. Looking closer, Kanan saw that the teen was...sitting in a small puddle of blood. Alarm bells ringing instantly, the Jedi ran and kneeled next to the boy, holding his shoulders and giving them a small shake "Ezra...Ezra look at me" he lifted the boys head up by placing two fingers under his child "what happened??" he asked, not able to hold back his worry and panic. As weak as he was from the blood loss, the kid looked up at his worried Master and was able to say a few words "I got...gazed".

Father and Son Bond (Star Wars Rebels)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara