Chapter 13: (Reunited)

Start from the beginning

"Perhaps not but it does appease one mood" a very familiar cocky voice called out from behind us causing all three of us to go silent as we turned around though we all knew who it was.

"Dad!/Gil?/Your Majesty?" Me, Enkidu and Lucas all called out at the same time as Enkidu grip on me went limp but he still retained a hold on me.

"Bold of you all to forget about me" Gilgamesh said with a smirk but he didn't appear upset as he walked towards us with his arms crossed.

"I hardly doubt we could forget about you Gil, it just happened that you weren't here for us to remember" Enkidu said rather sweetly with a warm smile as I freed myself from Enkidu arms and walked towards Lucas.

"No, they forgot about you" Lucas said bluntly with no hesitation while crossing his arms over one another and I nodded in agreement.

"Looks like at least one of you is honest HOWEVER I cannot forgive the fact that you two disobeyed my orders" Gilgamesh good mood shifted into one of annoyance while pointing his finger at Enkidu and Lucas, the latter only huffed in annoyance.

"Your majesty, you truly didn't think I would follow through?" Lucas asked with a wary smile and cocked his head to the side.

"Yes! For I am your king!" He raised his voice unexpectedly at the end which in all honestly no one was surprised at since there were different levels to Gilgamesh anger and this was one of the mildest levels.

"But I am sworn to the princess" Lucas replies smugly

"Lucas enough, daddy don't be too upset at him, he was just worried about me" I didn't really want Lucas to get too much in trouble and usually he was well at restraining himself when it comes to acting in front of Gilgamesh, there were truly times that he couldn't help it.

'But honestly... me too...' I silently thought at how even I couldn't help but tease Gilgamesh at times but it was different, he was a bit lenient with me and let me get away things he wouldn't let others.

"Your lucky my daughter likes you mongrel" Gilgamesh turned away with a huff but his last remark towards Lucas did cause an vein to pop up on the black haired wizards head.

"So Gil any trouble while down in the Kur?" Enkidu asked with a curious expression as he leaned closer towards Gilgamesh.

"No, not even the goddess herself appeared... how shameful regardless I did get my daughter back so I'll let it slide" Gilgamesh smirked perhaps at the thought that the goddess of the underworld was too afraid to fight him so she just let Athanasia go free.

Not that was how it happened but he didn't need to know the details.

"Well I'm glad you both are okay" with a gentle smile as always. Enkidu offered his thoughts.

"Ha, there is no need to worry about me" and Gilgamesh as always had a cocky smirk as he stared at Enkidu too with his own arms crossed as well and for some reason the air began to feel hot for some reason until they remembered something.

"Hey, where did the little one and Lucas go?" Enkidu abruptly spoke up as they realized that both me and Lucas had already walked ahead without them.

"You dare to leave without my permission?! And Athanasia get back here right now!!" Gilgamesh yelled out and this caused me and Lucas to stop and look back at the same time with bored looks.

"You two are so weird sometimes" Lucas said with a disinterested look.

"You really are" I agreed as well because no one wants to watch them act weird towards each other like some sort of star crossed lovers.

"Silence!" Gilgamesh loud voice ranged in the air but me and Lucas couldn't help it as we both bursted out laughing.

———————————————————

We finally got back to the palace and it was nighttime but for some reason the air felt tense.

"Finally we made it back..." Lucas groaned out and normally he would've just teleported but it turns out he used a lot of energy to send himself in and out of Kur and besides it was a good change of pace.

"We would have made it back sooner had Gil not insisted on going other places to 'rest'" the gentle and soothing voice of Enkidu was really something to behold since I felt relaxed just hearing it.

"It is important for Athanasia to rest especially after she just died" Gilgamesh said clearly trying to defend himself but really he just wanted to go sightseeing.

"Finally! Took you four long enough to get here!" A familiar, somewhat bratty and brash voice rang out as we all looked above to see...

'Ishtar?!' My eyes widened open at the sight of the goddess who was here and standing rather confidently in front of us.