Chapter 11: Act 1: (Descent Into The Underworld)

It was dark...

"Have you heard?"

"Heard what?"

"Apparently Princess Athanasia De Alger Obelia has died"

"What?! How!"

"No one knows but rumors have been going on that it was his majesty Emperor Claude..."

"...But why would his Majesty kill his own daughter?"

"They say it was black magic..."

I snapped my eyes open wide and immediately my body shot upwards.

'W-What... was that...?' I felt my body shaking all over as a cold sweat began to broke up but I soon noticed that the ground felt much harder than I remembered like I was on rock and my surroundings was dark.

"Wait... where am I?" I asked nobody particularly as I looked around to see only darkness as if I was in a cave system.

"This isn't... Uruk..." I said as I slowly got up onto my feet only to notice that my clothes are also different as before I was wearing royal clothing but now I was just wearing a simple white dress.

"What is this.... Did somebody changed me in my sleep?!" As I yelled my voice echoed throughout the caves which told me that it was empty for the most part... probably...

Suddenly small blue flames began to light up the room I was in to which I sharply turned around to see I really was in a cave with other tunnels but all the flames created a sort of pathway that led to one of the tunnels in front of me.

"Am I supposed to go through this one?" I questioned despite that no one was here to hear me, or was there?

I stood in front of the entrance of the tunnel for a little while unsure of what to do but honestly I was beginning to feel the cold creeping in as I stood still.

'Better than doing nothing...' with that thought I began to walk forward into the tunnel with the small flames as my light and guide forward but honestly I'm not sure what I will find at the end of this tunnel.

'I hope I can make it home'

———————————————————

The situation wasn't good...

Gilgamesh, Enkidu and Lucas all stood in front of Athanasia who dead and lying on Gilgamesh bed and everyone had grim looks.

"This doesn't make any sense..." Gilgamesh said as he stared down his dead daughter with a look of anger, sadness, indignation and maybe denial.

"How did this happen?" Lucas asked as he had a somewhat emotionless look on his face but underneath he was seething ready to kill whoever killed his beloved princess.

"After king Gilgamesh left, I came to find the princess as she hadn't returned to her room due to his majesty prolonged time with the officials... but when I came I found her dead..." the maid known as Lillian was speaking as traces of tears fell down her face clearly she was trying to hold it back.

"...Gil..." finally Enkidu who was silent spoke up calling his best friend name.

"What is it?"

"Athanasia... she has the feeling of death over her..." Enkidu spoke with grimness clearly understanding what had happen.

"Death?" Gilgamesh repeated once more to clarify

"You mean like a curse of death?" Lucas asked as he was beginning to piece together what had happened.