Chapter 7: Act 1: (A Goddess?)

5 Years Later (Athanasia is now 13)

It was a normal day in Uruk, people were working, children were playing, the princess was studying some texts and the king was doing his job or at least that's what everyone is thinking right now.

"Athanasia get ready we are going out." Suddenly Gilgamesh pops in my room and I just stared at him for second

'Eh?'

"What is wrong with you? You're making an odd face." It seems even my own dad was puzzled by my expression.

"..."

"..."

"DAD! What are you doing here?!" I suddenly shout which Gilgamesh flinched and immediately covered his ears.

"Do not yell at me!"

———————————————

'How on earth did this happen...?" I just stood there clueless on the road of the busy market.

"Do not just stand there Athanasia, follow me and do not wander from my line of sight." Dad brought me back from my initial shock to actually analyze the place I was in.

'But why would he bring me here?' Currently we were in the market where everyone was working hard to sell their products of labor.

"Dad how did you get away from Siduri?" I asked as I walked a bit faster to catch up with him.

"Fooling Siduri is naught but child's play" he answered so confidently which made me think just how easy how it to fool her???

"But why are we here??"

"I've grown weary of the palace therefore we are changing the scenery a bit and I am certain it is the same for you." He looked at me for a second before his eyes returning back to the road in front of him.

'Well... your not wrong but it's not like I can just stroll outside like you can...' I couldn't help but smile helplessly at my own dad.

We passed by stalls as many people have us a shocked look I mean who would expect the king and princess to just waltz around the market and with not a single guard in sight.

Wait... guard...?

Suddenly I became very aware of the lack of presence of a certain green haired male.

"Father where is Enkidu?" I asked as I looked around the items in the market it was then I saw something blue sparkle.

"We are meeting him at the location since he wanted to get there first—" I grabbed Gilgamesh clothes, pulling him back a little to stop him from walking which worked as he did.

"Athanasia do not just grab my clothes so carelessly..." he turned around as he furrowed his eyebrow looking at me only to see my eyes were focused somewhere else and so he followed my gaze to see a blue jewel on a stand in front a young man.

"Does that interest you?"

"Yes, can I have it father?" I looked at him hoping he would say yes but Gilgamesh was just confused because if you wanted a jewel that badly then you could've just asked him but he simply decides not to say anything and grabs my hand and starts walking towards the stall.

"Of course you can have it though I do not understand why..."

'You say that... but you look a little happy..." I smiled a little as I walked to the stall and I looked at the blue gem.

"Excuse me but how much is this for?" I asked the young boy who looked around my age and he looked rather flustered.

"A-Ah that is around a gold coin..." he stumbled over his words a bit as he gauged the price of the item.

"Hmm... alright thank you." I said as I pulled out two coins from a small pouch that was strapped to my waist rather tightly (courtesy of Gilgamesh) and placed them onto the counter.

"A-Ah M-Ma'am this is too much—"

"No it's alright keep it." I replied back as I walked back towards my father leaving the poor boy alone and unsure of what to do.

"Why on earth did you give that mongrel two?" The moment I got back to his side Gilgamesh asked rather harshly.

"Why not? It nice to be kind sometimes." I replied back looking at the blue gem in my hands.

"Not a fitting trait for a future ruler." He huffed as he grabbed my hand and began walking again.

'Maybe for you... seeing how everyone is afraid of you but... I don't want to be that type of Queen...'

"Also why did you buy that gem? I could've gotten you myself and a far better looking one."

"Yea but I like this one and besides it looks nice but I wonder... how could that boy have gotten a gem like this?" I held it up to the sun as the colors of the jewel filtered onto my face.

"He might've just stumbled across it and decided to sell it." Dad replied curtly clearly not caring about the matter at all.

'He stopped talking...' we both walked in silence with me asking a bit of question and Gilgamesh replying but otherwise it was nice and peaceful.

———————————————————

"We're here..." Gilgamesh said as he let go of my hand allowing me to roam around.

'Woahhh... this is so pretty...' I looked the forest that connected to a small lake and since this was my first time out the palace I wanted I look everywhere.

"Ahh Athanasia your here..." soon a calm and gently voice called out to me.

'I know that voice it's Enkidu!!' I looked in the direction and sure enough there was the green haired male.

"Ahh Uncle!! I'm happy to see you!!" I yelled as I ran up to him and hugged him with my arms around his waist and he returned the hug as well.

"I'm happy to see you to little one as we hardly see one another these days." I pulled away from the hug a little to look at his face.

'As expected he hasn't aged a day just like dad!' I don't know why I was proud of that fact but I was.

"Anyways Uncle, why did dad bring me here?" I tilted my head slightly.

"Enkidu told me you were getting bored inside the palace and so I brought you out here of his request." It was Gilgamesh who told me and the answer made me happy.

"Aww Uncle!! This why I love you so much!!" I hugged him again this time I squeezed him a little harder to get my point across.

"Your welcome and I can see you've been training well since your strength is increasing steadily." He smiled so gently that he looked straight out of a portrait.

"Yes do not thank your father who actually brought you here and instead thank him." Gilgamesh grumbled a little out of jealousy.

"Thank you daddy!" Still while hugging Enkidu I grabbed Gilgamesh by the waist and brought him for a hug which he looked very surprised but didn't push me off.

"I guess I could bring you out more often..." he replied softly as he also returned the hug and it was me, Gilgamesh and Enkidu all in a group hug.

'This is nice...' I smiled widely at this moment