Chapter 13: (Reunited)

It didn't take long for me to regain consciousness after my soul made it back to my body but I was immediately greeted back feeling like I was ready to die again.

"Ughh...what the..." I muttered as I felt the sun practically boiling me alive and a very hot, oddly grainy surface under my body so I forced my eyes open.

I regretted it.

The blinding view of the sun immediately hit my eyes causing me to shut them tightly again as quickly as possible not to mention I was fairly certain I gotten a sun burn.

"Oh little one, your finally back" a soft gentle voice slowly managed to coaxed me to open my eyes again and this time my view of the sun was blocked by a familiar face.

"Enk—*Cough* *Cough*" The moment I tried to speak, I was sent into a coughing frenzy probably because of the fact that I was baking under the Sumerian sun and I'm naturally pale so a sunburn was probably in order.

"Careful now, you just got back... here have this" Enkidu spoke ever so gently as he carefully took my body and supported it as he brought up what looked like a clay jar, not that I could tell in my delirious state.

But nonetheless I was grateful as I drank down the water like I was deprived of water for a very long time well Enkidu did make sure I drank it in moderation to ensure I didn't choke or anything.

Though it did make me wonder, how did he know to bring it here? Sometimes Enkidu couldn't even remember what day it is or to eat at all but I guess being a creature made from the gods, he doesn't have to worry about his hunger or hydration.

But I certainly did.

Soon Enkidu removed the water from my mouth and I wiped the excess water off my mouth with the back of my hand and that's when I noticed that Lucas was there too.

"Oh your here too" I casually mentioned as Lucas had a incredulous look on his face.

"Wha? What do you mean 'your here too?' I was the one who brought Enkidu to this place" Lucas said with a rather offended look as if I had just insulted him.

"Wait you did? Why?" I asked as I tried to stand up on my feet and for a moment I held onto Enkidu arm to which he graciously offered.

"It would've been easier to have you wake up here and then your father would meet us here as well" he huffed after his explanation, crossing his arms and looking away from me.

"..."

*Grab*

"Owww!!" Immediately Lucas let out a loud  yell when I grabbed his long black hair and yanked it hard and my action momentarily stunned Enkidu who quickly snapped out of it and pulled me backwards which caused my hand to release Lucas hair.

"BASTARD! You brought me out here in the middle of nowhere in the desert and under the boiling sun?!" I couldn't help but yell at Lucas even though I knew that he was trying to help but honestly I think either that the underworld made me crazy or that the heat of the sun had gotten to me.

"What do you mean? It's spring so it isn't too hot" Lucas said as he held his head trying to relieve the pain that I chased by pulling his hair and it certainly didn't help that he had long hair.

"Yeah but we're still in the desert!"

"Alright, let's calm down" Enkidu who was rather quiet and was holding me back from exploding on Lucas had spoken up.

"Calm down little one, hurting Lucas isn't gonna help you" Enkidu said as he continued to hold me back with relative ease since he was far stronger than me in strength.