Chapter 6: Act 2: (The Prince)

'Ahh I'm bored...' it was almost sunset and a few hours after me and Lucas had a small picnic but he had to leave because he was needed somewhere else.

'He looked angry when he had to leave but it can't be helped I guess...' I sighed as I began to walk around a bit.

I was in my palace garden as I finished all my lessons for the day and I didn't anything else to do with Enkidu with my dad and he was busy dealing with the king.

"I hope my dad won't kill them... I mean they have been here for a bit and all that the kings done is annoying my dad." I whispered as I walked around the garden looking at the various flowers and trees that were there but I felt the air go still for a second and I felt I like someone was watching me.

"Is someone there?" I asked turning around in the direction I thought someone was there but honestly it could've been a servant but they wouldn't go out of their to stay out of my line of sight.

"Ah forgive me for startling you..." soon enough someone did come out and that familiar black hair and bright yellow eyes was enough for me to tell who this guy was.

"Prince Opis what are you doing here?" I asked a little shocked as to why he was HERE

"I was wondering around the palace until I stumbled into this place, it has a very beautiful garden enough so to attract a princess." The young boy looked around the area he was in not noticing my expression on my face.

'He does know this isn't just another garden inside the palace in fact this is nowhere NEAR the Lapis palace where he is supposed to be.' I quickly shake my head trying to regain my composure.

"Prince Opis, I hope you are aware that this isn't the Lapis palace where you and your father, the king are currently staying in."

"I'm aware after all such a beauty like this couldn't exist within the palace we are staying in." He remained polite but I could probably tell that he has never seen anything quite like this garden... well it was made for the royal princesses.

"Yes but this is actually the royal princesses of Uruk garden for generations and generally guests without the permission of the king are not allowed." When I said this a tinge of red had decorated his face as his eyes widened at his mistake.

"Forgive me princess I was unaware..." he bowed his head at me which was an odd sight since males were generally considered better than females during this time period.

"It's alright but you should be careful your ignorance could be your unbecoming." I didn't mean for it to sound so dark but I came out as that.

"Thank you your highness you are the most kind." He picked his head back up but still had a hand on his chest.

"It looks like it's getting dark so allow me to assist you in getting back I know your father will be worried." I said with a smile as I walked over to him ready to escort him back.

"I cannot allow that your highness, your a lady so you should head back first and I will go back." He was being nice, he really was except that I didn't like being told that I'm a girl meaning I should do certain things and unfortunately that doesn't go well in this time but they'll have to deal with it.

"I know around the place better than you so I should be able to get you there quicker." I allowed no room for argument as I began to walk forward which left Opis no choice but to follow.

Our walk to the Lapis was quiet with the prince asking a few questions here and there.

"Your highness may I ask what we're you doing there in the garden?" Opis asked with a smile on his face while raising an eyebrow

"Do I need a reason to be in my garden?"

"No I suppose not..."he laughed a little at my words

"What is so funny?" I furrowed my eyebrows at this guy

"Nothing I just find you endearing..." Opis smiled very fondly and it caused my to blush just a little

"Your face almost resembles your father's though yours is far more delicate—" that when we made it back and just in time.

"Opis! where have you been?! I was worried about you!" The king came running towards his son and behind him was the king's retainers and guards

"Forgive me father I got lost however princess Athanasia helped me." Opis said as he turned to face me along with his father

"Thank you very much your highness"

"It's was not a problem King Abu-Waqar." I returned his sentiment with a smile

"I do hope he did not trouble you at all princess, this is Opis first time traveling outside the kingdom with me so he is ignorant on these matters." He stroked his beard while keeping an arm on his son shoulder

"It was no trouble—" before I can finicky sentence

"I cannot imagine what his mother will do if I had actually lost him." The king cut me off...

'Even if he is a king this isn't Nippur where he can say as he pleases...' that did catch me off guard but it was what came next

"Not that she would understand... I heard that she is daughter of a maid that king Gilgamesh killed..." many of his retainers started whispering very audibly

'The audacity of these people...! This isn't their kingdom yet they act like it...!' I knew I should keep quiet because I was a kid and I shouldn't understand this but I am who I am and that is Gilgamesh daughter so sometimes I just have to act it.

"Repulsive..."

"Excuse me...?" Everyone seemed a little surprised at my words

"I said you all are repulsive..."