Chapter 6: There is Nothing Mysterious about the Mystery Girl

Start from the beginning

SAY.

THAT.

"WHAT!" Samantha and I say together. I look at Samantha who is wearing an expression of pure undulated horror. Which I'm pretty sure is the opposite of mine, cause I'm grinning like a maniac.

"Back up a bit." Samantha said frantically shaking her hands,"By Jeremy Hoffman you mean I'm the jackass who has slept with 90% of the girls in my school Jeremy Hoffman?"

"Yup," she said nodding,"That's the one"

"You're joking!" Samantha said, and then looking at me raised her eyebrows and asked me,"What are you grinning at?"

"What exactly happened in the party?" I asked ignoring Samantha.

"Ok," Rebecca says with a large smile on her face,"So I'm just like dancing, looking around for who looks hot. Suddenly I crash into Jeremy who is looking for some girl who apparently ran away."

I freeze. Please tell me it's not who I think it is.

"Jeremy must be that bad a kisser,huh?" Samantha says smugly.

Rebecca shakes her head and says, "Nope trust me I know."

Samantha makes a gagged face as Rebecca continues.

"It was something involving Alec and this girl and Natalie was throwing this big fat tantrum on what is up with Alec and all," she said,"Apparently Alec kissed someone and Natalie bloody well didn't like it."

She briefly glanced at me but I was to frozen in shock.

"Apparently some new guy had come and dared him to go and kiss her." Rebecca continued,"Oh my god is that Jake? With black hair, green eyes and a smile to die for?"

I nod.

Wait.

Hold it.

What?

Jake dared Alec to kiss me? I'm going to strangle him. You watch. At the dinner party, which I will do my best to dodge and obviously fail miserably, knowing that my parents wouldn't let me miss it for the world. After all it would be most 'unmannerly'.

Whats going to be unmannerly is when I kill Jake in front everyone.

"How do you know all of this?" Samantha asked her.

"Oh Jeremy told me." Rebecca said," The boy spilled everything out after two cups of that spiked punch. Apparently there is a lot of hype about the mystery girl."

Ok, If it was possible for your jaw to touch the ground, mine would. But I quickly closed it before either of them could see me. If they only knew that there was nothing mysterious about the mystery girl.

"Ok so then he invited me to the Truth and Dare game." Rebecca says almost jumping up and down with joy,"It is as legendary as we have heard, although they were like all drunk and the dares were really really stupid. But then Melanie was throwing herself at Jeremy who was so creeped out, and then there was lot of drama between Jake, Alec and Natalie."

"Emphasis on a lot of drama," I say carefully.

"They almost had a big fight." Rebecca said happily ,"They kept on talking about a girl and Alec seemed pretty confused as to how he knew her and in the end Natalie's parents came home and we were all forced to leave."

"Wow." Samantha said,"Natalie did not have a good day now, did she. First her boyfriend almost starts a brawl over some other girl who he kissed and then her parents came home and probably grounded her."