Chapter 26: One Last Stance

—Snow pov—

I got out of possession just for the potion to kill the demon instead of me, despite how stinky the potion is, so I grabbed it and splashed it to get the demon out. It worked and it disappeared, at least from out of me, and I returned back to normal.

"Look! It's over there!" I screamed, seeing it about to go behind Azumi.

"Got it!"  She says, and she proceeds to turn and splash the demon in its soulless face.

The demon is expelled.

I start sobbing, the demon killed her but not me, it should've been me.

—2 months later—

We had gone through another year of happiness and death, and yet I've run out of time. It's my fault she's gone, but I can't do anything.

"Are you ok?" Alexis asked me, hugging me.

I nodded. I would be ok, it's just grief. I will be more accepting as time goes on.

"Hi tri." I said, coming up to them.

"I heard about Juliet, I'm so sorry." She said, hugging me, her antennae tickling my face

"Your antennae tickle!" I said, laughing. I smiled for the first time since, and over antennae too.

—Azumi pov—

"Maru?" I asked her, is both sitting in my bed, looking at the white ceiling.

"Yes dear?" She asked, holding my hand.

"Can I tell you about the sirens pleaseeee?" I begged.

She nodded and I started reading.

"Sirens come from deep below the ocean, farther than man has discovered, since the ocean is quite wide, it is rare and deadly to come across them. They come in 15 different colors, pink, red, orange, yellow, green, purple, blue, white, grey, black, silver, gold, bronze, rainbow that is bright, and muted rainbow. Many don't think they exist because no photographs have been taken over the hundreds of years they have been said to exist, but we never truly know."

—Juno pov—

"Love, I think I want to stay here." I said, changing my mind.

"Ok." Alexis said, smiling. "I didn't want to leave, darling. I would've missed this." She said, and I knew it too.

"Let's stay here for college and finish highschool." I nodded.

We kissed and decided to transform again.

"Hi demise."

"Hi desire."

We started to move around like we used to, except this time deeply in love. Imagine if I hadn't gotten stuck in that locker closet as a prank by snow and found the library. This would've cease to exist.

I wouldn't have wanted that.