Chapter 11: Garden Boy

—Axure pov—

Aphrodite was nice and all but I missed my friends. Not that she isn't my friend, it's just I want to see Jay and Charles and be happy.

"Are you ok?" She asked me

"I'm just tired." I said, starting to hum something.

"Is that Taylor swift?" She said

"Nope- where did you get that from." I chuckled. Maybe she wasn't so bad but I wanted to go home.

—Maru pov—

"Another shift." I muttered as Nishi came in. "Hey Nishi." I said, while wiping down tables.

"Hi Maru." She said, putting on her apron.

"So uhm.." she said, coming over to me. "Do you like someone?" She asked, somehow knowing I had one.

"Yes it's Azumi, now shut up." I said, extremely fast while my face was turning red. It's the way she walks and talks and laughs and the fact I've loved her before. The way she's been mine and she needs to be mine again.

"Hey Azumi!" Nishi said, waving to her from the counter.

—Opal pov—

"Alin! You know I could get in so much trouble. My parents don't want me talking to you!" I said, my cheeks red.

"But they haven't fired me yet?" He said, in an understandable manner. "Plus we're just friends anyways."

"I know." I said, a tear falling down my face.

"I won't lose you." He said, "even if you can't see me anymore, I'll be here.

"Ok." I whispered. I left and greeted my mother.

"Hi mom." I said, bowing

"Hello sweetheart." Juniper has come to hang out. She is upstairs in your room.

"Thanks mom!" I said, hugging her.

"Any time." She said as I went upstairs and reached my room.

"Heyyyy I saw you talking to a certain garden boy." Juniper said, sitting on my rug.

"Stop it, I'm gonna get into so much trouble if my parents find out." I said, rolling my eyes.

"True, but he's perfect for you!" She said, giggling.

"Shush?! We are only friends and my mom would fire him, and my mother would do even worse."

"Fine." She said, rolling her eyes.

"Opal! Can you come down here for a second? You can bring juniper with you," my mother called.

We rushed downstairs to see.... Alin?!?

"Sweetie, this is going to be your bodyguard. It's basically self explanatory but he is here to protect you due to recent threats. You are safe for now. Alin, please accompany them upstairs." She said, smiling but giving me a look saying, "he is here for protection."

I was blushing until we got upstairs.