14

If only Nina knew the mistake she made when she told Nancy the only thing she wasn't supposed to.
When they left the bathroom, everyone acted like nothing happened but Richard had a very weird look on his face.
He wouldn't let Nancy touch him, which was even weirder.
But the rest of the day went well. Mike didn't bother Nina.
Still, she felt it in her heart that something wasn't right. She had this ability to feel it when something bad was about to happen.

In fact, the next day, Richard was in front of her main door, ringing the bell like crazy. Luckily for him, she was home alone.
She opened the door to a mad young Ramirez with pure fury in his eyes, he almost scared her.
Right before she could say anything, he pushed her inside, slammed the door with his foot and started shouting some nonsense.

"HOW DID YOU KNOW IT? HUH? WHO TOLD YOU?"
The girl was instantly shaking, as she didn't respond well to anger and being screamed at.
Her confusion made Richard repeat his main question, more clearly.
"How do you know what happened with Mike?"

Nina freezed, her thoughts rapidly going to Nancy and how she could've screwed her over as a sort of punishment. She kept silence but not on purpose. It seemed like the words simply wouldn't come out of her mouth.

"Did you check if I was leaving when you entered the bathroom to talk with Nancy yesterday?"
Realization hit her like a train wreck. She looked at him, her eyes full of guilt and fear.

"Yeah. You should have done it. Now answer me." He went dangerously close to her face like he wanted to devour her.
She couldn't stand being that close to him though, it was making her uncomfortable as she was feeling threatened in some ways. So she went to sit down on the couch, inviting him to do the same.

"That evening, we were walking down the same street but in two different sidewalks so you just didn't see me. But I did see you going inside his house. When I was going back home and saw the ambulance and the police over his place, they were talking about murder and I was smart enough to understand." She stared down at her hands the entire time she spoke.
"Do you remember what day it was?"

"No but it was after your twelfth- oh..."
"Exactly Richie, now we're even. You're the only one to know this."

He grinned. "Smart move, kitty kat. But we're not even as you told Nancy, so... Who am I going to tell the reason why you hate celebrating your birthday so much? What about Mike himself? He would be honored."

She quickly stood up.
"Don't you dare or I will tell everyone about your secret."
He stood up as well, angrier than ever.
His eyes piercing through hers.
"You don't make the rules here."

"And you do? What the fuck is your problem?! This could be some way for you to talk about it and for me to reach out to you and help you but you still can't get out of your own fucking way. GOD, I feel sorry for you."

Everything went quiet. He stared at her, less angrily than before but at that point, Nina was pissed. How could he just come inside her house and disrespect her like that? Like nothing happened between them.

Although she was mad, he could see her eyes roaming around his face. In fact, she was studying his defined facial features as he was growing up into a handsome young man, although he was still good looking when he was fifteen.
She couldn't stop staring at his jawline, so sharp it could've cut anything.

But she wasn't alone, as Richard was also admiring her. Her big, sweet and curious eyes were always what captured his attention, no matter how he was feeling toward her. They would make him forget about anything, along with her pink, soft lips that he was missing so much. Two years passed after their last kiss.

He was slowly getting closer and closer to her, without even noticing.
However, she didn't mind it at all but didn't want to give him the satisfaction.
"Are we done now?" She whispered against his face, looking at him in the eyes.

"We just started." And he didn't think twice before slamming his lips against hers in an almost violent kiss, completely the opposite of the past kisses they used to give each other at the beach. They needed it, they were craving each other and they were tired of hiding it.

Nina wasted no time and pushed him back on the couch to sit on his lap. They kept kissing passionately so they were soon out of breath but they didn't stop.
His hands gripping on her waist, her hands in the back of his neck and through his hair, their heavy breath, those simple touches caused them both to slightly moan against each other's lips.

Suddenly, they heard a car outside and two car doors getting closed. They were more than fucked.
Nina quickly stood up and pulled Richard away.
"Shit, let's go upstairs, come on."

"Stay here." That's the only thing she told Richard before closing her bedroom door and leaving him there. With an erection.
He could hear Nina talking with her parents even though he wasn't understanding much of their conversation. Soon enough, he heard some steps approaching the room he was hiding in and he couldn't deny how his blood instantly ran cold.

But when the door opened and revealed Nina's head, he sighed softly.
"Now how am I going to leave?" He whispered.
"You want to leave?" She provoked him but she had no idea how she was playing with fire.

Her big pleading eyes sent him to the edge and within a second, she found herself on the bed with him on top of her.
They were kissing even more passionately and violently at the same time than earlier.
But that day wasn't really a perfect one as they stopped to Ms. Ayala's voice calling for Nina.
"KATERINA, THERE'S NANCY."

Nina gasped, bringing a hand on her mouth.
They looked at each other with widened eyes and cursed in unison.
"Fuck."
He stood up. "What do I do now?!"
"I don't fucking know!" She hissed.
"Out of the window."
He looked at her in disbelief.
"Are you kidding me?"
"Do you have a better opinion smart boy? Do you want to tell your girlfriend, my best friend, that you were here with me and we were kissing? I don't think so."

"Well it would cancel all of our problems."
She glared at him and opened the window.
"Help yourself with the tree, I don't know, just leave."
He sighed before putting a leg outside.
"See ya, kitty kat." He winked at her and left.