☆: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙵𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝚘𝚏 𝙼𝚎𝚊𝚝

1:49am
January 3rd 1989

☆★☆

"Why are we having dinner so late?"

"Kevin was supposed to cook today, but he got really sick."

    "Hope he doesn't have that bug that's been spreading around."

Annie Knitts and Bradley Biggle whispered feverishly amongst themselves, only stopping when they noticed the doors to the cafeteria opening.

    There was Jimmy! And Craig! And some secret third person they'd never met before!

Annie grabbed Bradley's arm, "who's that?" She asked softly. Of course, her emerald gaze was locked on you. It was almost a bit unnerving.

    To those who didn't know her well, she might have seemed shy or even afraid. But her cousin knew she was the opposite.

He chuckled awkwardly as he pushed her hand away. A thin smile graced his nervous lips, "I'm... not sure, Ann." God help me.

The room fell silent at the sight of you, Jimmy, and Craig standing side by side. A select few cast suspicious glances your way, while others seemed excited to meet someone new.

    "D-Don't worry, guys. T-They're friendly," Jimmy said, a big braces-full grin on his face. He put his hand on your shoulder and introduced you to everyone.

    Craig looked around the cafeteria. He felt a bit put off by everyone staring at him, so he cautiously stepped behind Jimmy and scowled at them.

    What the hell is everyone's deal?

    You weren't too affected by the awkward silence or the intense staring. You just shrugged and turned back to Jimmy, continuing your chatter about killer whales being cooler than regular whales.

While the two of you went to go sit down, Craig was not so lucky in conquering his social anxiety. He quietly slipped off to the kitchen, hoping to find blissful silence at last.

☆★☆

    Meanwhile, a few strange characters sat far away from the action. One was greatly enthusiastic at the sight of a new comer! That meant the possibility of an actual, real friend!

Heaven knew he wasn't getting any of that sitting here with these judgmental brats!

    "Quite lookin' at 'em so hard, dude. They're gonna get freaked out." His faux friend warned. Her grey eyes were sharp, narrowed in annoyance at her blonde pal.

    Henry Cline leaned back in his chair, arms anxiously crossed over his blue sweater. He said nothing to his friends as he looked over at you, wondering if you had been in the same predicament as him.

    Anyone he had previously asked had some sort of sob story about how they ended up here. How their parents didn't want them or couldn't afford to keep them, or how they simply landed themselves into trouble. How they made too many mistakes to count.

    Henry wasn't interested in any of that. Rather, what particularly interested him was the phenomenon of the disappearances that had been happening all around the island.