I rest my head against the wall. This whole thing is too fucking much. I feel like suffocating. I try to talk to him, I try to see what's wrong with him, he just won't answer.

Maddie opens the door, stepping outside. She looks pretty confident, to be honest. But also a bit nervous. I rush my way to her, giving her a hug.

"How was it?", I ask her in a whisper tone.

"I think they like me", she replies, her voice shaky.

"Of course they liked you, you're amazing", I counter, hoping to encourage her a bit. I don't say anything as I see there is a small black spot somewhere on her neck, hidden by her hair falling free down her shoulders.

"I need to go to the toilet", she tells me. I want to go with her, knowing she might go there to cry, but she shakes her head firm: "No. Go to the interview, Mya."

"But..."

"I'm fine. I really am. Go."

I nod thankfully, watching her go along the hallway.

I sit back down on my chair, a voice toning from inside the room: "Delance, Ashton."

I stop, frozen as I hear that name.

It's then I hear them. Footsteps. Something banging.

Ashton walks inside the hallway, a mess. His hair is all messy, his eyes are red, there is a bottle of whiskey in his hands, his uniform is all out of place.

"What the fuck?!", I scream, coming to catch him before he falls down. "Ashton, what the fuck?!"

"Sweetheart", he says, his voice telling me he isn't really by his senses. "Have you always smelled so good?"

"Ashton, you got an interview to attend to", I almost shout at him. Why does he act so strange lately? Why doesn't he give a shit about his life? And why is he destroying it by coming drunk at what might be the biggest opportunity of his lifetime?

"Interview to attend to", he repeats.

The voice from the room repeats his name. It's then one of the teachers walks outside the door, and as he sees him, he stops. "Is that the candidate?", he asks me.

I don't even know what to say. "Yes", I whisper, a tear rolling down my face.

Stop ruining your fucking life, babe.

"He's disqualified", he tells us what I was already expecting. He then turns his eyes at the clipboard. "Are you Mya Jenna Cunnan?"

"Yes", I answer.

"You're up next", he adds, walking inside.

Cursing once under my breath, I put Ashton on a chair and look at him like a five-year old. He drank his mind away anyway. "Stay here", I order him. "I won't take long. Do you fucking get me?"

He nods, taking a strand of my hair. "You look so perfect, sweetheart."

My heart breaks, yet I try not to show it. I only take my bag and walk inside the interview.

~

Ashton is sleeping on the backseat of the car. I'm on the driver seat, my feet under me so I can be comfortable, going over some flashcards. After what must have been the toughest interview of my life, knowing my boyfriend is suffering outside, I took Ash, who couldn't really walk. Every time he walked, he had to sigh or gasp or shout, so I tried carrying him. I took him to my car and drove around for a while. He was so drunk, he passed out a few minutes after he entered. I managed to carry him from the passenger's seat to the backseat, so he has more space. It's then I drove us to Walmart, got him a smoothie to help with the hangover when he wakes up, some food since he might need it and coffee for me. I am not planning on driving him to his house when he wakes up. For I have a feeling that's what he'd last want.