22.

The news had shocked us, we never even thought about the possibility of the school declining our offer. I wasn't ready to leave Voltaire High behind.

How ironic about a year ago I didn't even want to go there and now I was crying in my room about the school I was leaving behind.

Today's date was August 1st I still had 30 days to enjoy my summer as it is.

30 Days before...

"So, what are you going to do now?" Descamps quietly asked me. We were sitting on my bed we both looked miserable.

My mother got worried once she saw our faces but I said I didn't want to talk about it and quickly pulled Descamps in my room.

"I'll go to the boarding school I told you about. In Paris" I said to him in a low voice. At least Annick will be with me.

"So, that's it then" he said his eye focused on the floor

"What do you mean?"

"Us..." he looked sad, sadder than when we learned about the school's decision.

"I don't want it to end like this..."

"Yeah, me neither" Descamps and looked into my eyes "we could keep on seeing each other we have 30 more days" he suggested.

"And we can write to each other during the school year"

A small smiled showed up on his face.

"We could do that"

We stayed in silence for a little while not an awkward one. We needed some peace I suppose after todays roller coaster.

"Okay then I should go. See you tonight m'lady?" He half asked.

"See you tonight"

I walked him down the stairs and out of the house. He quickly pecked my lips before he vanished out of the door. I started to walk towards my room I needed some sleep, but first I needed some water.

"Everything alright dear?" My mother asked

"Yeah everything okay" I said my lips were on a straight line.

"Okay then. Who was that?" She asked with a small smile.

We were sitting in the kitchen, Alain was already inside eating some cereal.

"Who?" He asked suddenly invested in the conversation.

"A boy with an eye patch" my Mike said and sat down next to the boy, her eyes still on me

"Descamps? What is he doing here?" Alain asked me

"Is that his name?" My mother asked the boy

"Enough! He's a friend mom..."

"Is Descamps capable of having friends?" Alain snickered.

"Why? Is he not a good person?" My mother asked the boy looking slightly concerned.

I glared at Alain I suppose he saw me look and got the hint.

"He's... interesting" he trailed off.

"Are you dating him?" My mom asked

"What? No! I told you he's just a friend"

"A handsome friend" she smirked

"You should see her other friends " Alain said referring to Jean-Pierre.

"Why don't you shut up?" I said to the boy.

"I'm just saying" he innocently said. Wow Alain was meant to be a brother...