16.

"Pichon we've been walking for an hour when are we getting there" I whined I was exhausted and I was thirsty.

"Hopefully in a while... I can't believe Annick lives that far" he said out of breath

"I think we're lost" I said there were no houses around just trees. We were walking around fields.

"That seems like a house!" Simone showed something red that was barely visible trough all those tree brunches.

"That could be it" Pichon "Let's go, it's closer this way" he said and walked in a field full of grass, leaving the path behind him.

"If I get bit by a snake I'll kill you Pichon"

"Pfff now you sound like Descamps Odette!"

Half way through Simone started to laugh

"I'm sorry Im just too tired and when I'm tired I tend to laugh" she said through all her laughter.

We finally reached to the house

"Come on then" I said to Pichon

"What? I'm not knocking!"

"You are the only boy. What if this is not her house?"

He took a deep breath and knocked Annick showed up at the door. She walked out and quickly shut the door behind her.

"What are you doing here?"

"Have you heard? About the school?" I asked her and she nodded yes.

"We have a plan that could fix our situation we'll explain more later. We're having a meeting at my place today with the rest of the class. Can you come with us right now?" Simone asked

Annick looked confused but she agreed I suppose she didn't want to leave the school either.

She was walking behind us with Pichon

"They're laughing" I whispered to Simone

"I suppose they figured it out" she whispered back "Hey what happened with Jean-Pierre? I saw you two talking this morning"

"Things got even worse..."

"How?"

"Okay I'll tell you something but you can't tell anyone neither Annick" she nodded "I slept with Descamps" I shyly admitted

"WHAT?" She said loudly "what?" She was whispering again

"Right after the party. We were both drunk and he walked me home...and it happened"

"But do you like Decamps?"

"I think I do the only problem is that I still have feelings for Jean-Pierre"

"You'll figure it out " she rubbed my back

We reached at Simone's the boys were already waiting outside. We walked in the place look like a small living room there were a few sofas an armchair a few chairs and a kitchen table in the middle.

Simone opened the only window that there to let some fresh air in. Everyone took a sit I sat on a sofa and Descamps sat right next to me.

"Did you tell them why we gathered or do the think they are at a party?" I whispered to him

"I told them we had to discuss something urgent" he whispered back.

I looked at Simone to see if she was ready to begin.

"Hello everyone!" She said loudly earning everyone's attention "We gathered you all here because we need your help" she looked at me to continue

"The school decided that girls won't come back next year because of what happened with Michele and Alain."

"And we thought that if we find them and get the to come back then maybe the school will change its mind" Simone said

There was silence from the boys, that wasn't very comforting...

"And what to we care? It's not our problem!" A blonde boy said

"But we want to stay on this school" Simone said

"It's just one year just go to a different one! Why is this so important?"

"Because some of us can't go to a different school!" Annick said

"And why is that miss perfect?"

"Because I can't afford to go to a different school, so it's either this one or none! Whoever doesn't want to help can leave" she said looking at the boys.

The blonde boy and three of his friends walked out of the room.

"Okay, so the rest of you are willing to help?" I asked the rest of them.

"Yeah, but how can we find them?" Applebaun asked

"Through relatives" I said

"Yeah send letters, make phone calls and if you go on a trip go for a little search" Simone gave them more ideas.

"The can't be far they likely left with a bus" I said

"Yeah a month ago, they could be anywhere" Dupin argued. He wasn't necessarily wrong.

"We'll try our best we have nothing to lose" Simone smiled at him.

We decided that we would host a meeting again when we had found something.

Everyone started to walk out of Simone's basement. Me,Descamps, Annick and Pichon were the last ones to leave.We waved goodbye to her.

"We'll walk you home Annick it's getting dark" I said and Descamps agreed.

"I would come too, but my parents will be worry." Pichon said and left.

We took Annick at her place, it took us about an hour or so. It was dark now and I was tired. While me and Descamps were walking home I saw a bench hiding behind a tree.

I walked towards and sat down I was exhausted. He soon sat besides me.

"Why do you want to stay so badly in this school?" He asked me.

"I suppose at this point I'm mostly doing it for Annick, but I didn't like the school that my parents would send me anyway"

"Which school was it?"

"A boarding school in Paris"

"What? Are you going to leave?" His eyes were wide full of fear

"It's not certain yet"

"Never in my life I would have imagined that I would want to find Laubrac that much" he laughed.

"You changed since the beginning of the year" I said with all my honesty

"I had a very good reason to " he said and looked me deep in the eyes. He brushed a strand of hair behind my ear letting his hand to softly touch my neck.

My heart fluttered. I wish I had chosen between him and Jean-Pierre but it wasn't that easy. And I didn't want to make something stupid and hurt someone again.

"You're eyes are so beautiful" he said

"My eyes are brown"

"Yeah, so? It's not the colour, it's the warmth in them" he said

"Nah, your making me blush" I looked away and he laughed.

"I thought you were too proud to blush at some silly words coming from a silly man" he said

"You mean boy" I raised an eyebrow

"A man! Do I have to remind you the night after the party" he said. I stood up

"Do I have to remind you that I was on top?" I said, with cocky smile and walked away.He looked shocked now it was his turn to blush He slightly joked to come close to me again.