Epilogue

He had decided to give therapy a chance and as soon as he started to open up he realized how much he had needed it. He couldn't talk about everyone's superhero ability but he could address his low self-esteem, self-hatred, the feeling of being an outsider, his sexuality, and loads of other things.

Since there wasn't much else to do he began to study and fix his grades. Slowly an idea of what he wanted to do in the future came to him and he studied even harder.

Two years went by and his loved ones continued to visit him. He came out to his parents and they were really supportive. He felt much happier and calmer after that.

He talked a lot to Harry and Louis about being gay as well and it was really nice to have two people in his life who knew what it was like.

He managed to make things right with his dad as well and they became very close.

When he had served his time his dad picked him up and everyone waited at home to celebrate his freedom. He realizes how lucky he was to have that many people who cared for him.

He no longer resented them for having abilities. Instead, he felt proud to be a part of it even if he didn't have one. He was finally at peace with it. It didn't even bother him anymore that his dad could hear his thoughts or that his mum could feel his emotions. They couldn't change who they were just like he couldn't change who he was.

After everyone had hugged him and they had cake Arthur cleared his voice.
"I have something to say."

He looked around the living room. There were so many of them and they all felt like family. Eden's and Wolf's two oldest had presented abilities as well. Axton had x-ray vision and Joules had super speed. Dahlia's oldest son Charlie also had an ability. He could interface with any kind of technology. He could only imagine how it would be to try and cope with that.
"First of all, I don't even know how I will thank all of you for being there for me, not just these last two years but my whole life. I know I always haven't been easy to be around."

They all smiled at him. He continued his speech.
"Second of all, I've been accepted to Cambridge, med school."

Everyone looked shocked at first. Then they cheered.
"Are you going to be a doctor?" His sister Abigail asked.

"A surgeon actually." Arthur answered.

"That's amazing!" Harry grinned.

"We're so proud of you." Niall said emotionally.

That fall Arthur moved into a dorm room and began his education and he loved every second of it. He worked hard to learn. Two years in he met someone. Andy was a philosophy student and they fell in love. Arthur knew this was the real deal.

When he graduated everyone came to support him and afterward, they had a celebration dinner. Arthur brought Andy with him. His boyfriend had met everyone many times and they got along really well. Niall stood up and raised his glass.
"A toast for my amazing son! I couldn't be prouder. A surgeon! I just want you to know that you are the real superhero here. We didn't have to work for our abilities. They just showed up. You on the other hand have worked really hard to get where you are now and you're going to save a lot of lives. To Arthur, the superhero!"

Everyone shouted 'superhero!' and drank.

His dad's speech healed the last part of him.
"Thank you." He beamed.

His boyfriend leaned in to whisper to him.
"I don't get it. Abilities? Superhero?"

"Uhm, if I'm going to be the sperm donor to any of our future kids I have a few things to explain. We'll talk about it later." Arthur whispered back and pecked Andy's lips.

Andy looked even more confused. He was up for a big surprise!

The End