1

This one's for you 1975berry ♥️

Arthur had a difficult time falling asleep. Tomorrow was his birthday. He was turning thirteen and in his family that was a really big deal.

He had waited for this day impatiently since he was nine and found out their family secret. Apparently, he wasn't supposed to know at that age but when his oldest sister Avolon turned into their dad right in front of his eyes while they were singing Happy Birthday their parents had explained everything to him and his other sister Abigail. 

They had special abilities! His dad could hear people's thoughts. His mum could feel everyone's emotions. Avolon could change her appearance into anyone. Abigail had turned thirteen two years ago and she was indestructible. Her skin turned into diamonds.

He was woken up by his family singing and he immediately opened his eyes and tried to figure out if he felt different. He had fantasized about this day for so long, wondering what his special ability would be.  

His family were staring at him. They looked excited.
"What do I do?"

"Close your eyes and concentrate. Your gift will run through you like electricity." His dad Niall answered.

He got out of bed.
"I think we better back away a little for our own safety." His mum Claire said.

He took a deep breath and concentrated. He couldn't feel anything.
"Now what?"

"Ehm, move your arms around. Maybe you have an ability like Za... Ehm..." Niall said.

Arthur pried one eye open.
"Like Zayn?"

"Shoot. I wasn't supposed to reveal that yet." Niall sighed.

"Wait? Uncle Zayn have an ability too? What is it?" Arthur asked.

"He controls fire." Abigail said.

Arthur stared at her.
"How do you know that? Dad! Why have you told her and not me?" He whined.

"They all have. Zayn can control fire, Evan is telekinesis, Eden can become invisible." Niall revealed.

Arthur's mouth fell open.
"What?"

"That's not all! Uncle Harry, Uncle Louis, and Uncle Liam also have abilities, not to mention their kids!" Abigail gossiped excitedly.

"What?" Arthur yelled.

"We'll talk about that later. Concentrate, Arthur." Niall smiled.

Arthur closed his eyes again and started to move his arms around. Nothing happened.

"Try to point with your hands." Avolon suggested.

He tried that. Nothing.
"Maybe it's a mental ability like Dad and I?" Clair suggested.

Arthur nodded his head and took a deep breath before he concentrated. He didn't feel different at all. Nothing happened. He opened his eyes again.
"Now what?"

"I don't know. Let's eat some cake. Maybe you need to relax a little. I'm sure it will come to you during the day."

Except it didn't. Arthur could feel his family's eyes on him all the time. It was stressing him out.
"Dad, what's their abilities?"

"Who? Oh! Well, Liam has super strength, Louis can fly and Harry can bend time and space." Niall answered.

Arthur's mouth fell open.
"Uncle Harry can time travel?"

"Yeah, and stop time." Niall grinned.

When he had fantasized about which ability he wished he would get, time traveling and flying had always been highest on his list. He was envious. Then it occurred to him.
"Wait! Maybe I can bend time and space too!"

"Maybe. Talk to Harry when they arrive. He can probably give you some useful tips." Niall smiled.

"Wait, Wolf and Darcy, and all of them have abilities too right?" Arthur said.

"Yeah, let's see. Wolf can control water. Ehm, Darcy is like your mum, an empath. Damien has super hearing. Dahlia can walk through anything and Dante can talk to animals. I've already told you what Eden and Evan can do." Niall answered.

All of them had really cool abilities. Maybe he could talk to animals too? He got up and found their cat Missy on the sofa. He walked up to her and scratched her under her chin.
"Hi, Missy."

That was definitely a meow. Alright, so he couldn't talk to animals. What if he could talk to plants? He got up again and walked up to a window. He felt a little silly as he leaned over a flower.
"Hello there."

The plant didn't answer him. He felt disappointed but he rather have a cooler ability than that anyway. 

An hour later all of his uncles with families arrived to celebrate his birthday. They weren't actually his uncles but they had always called them that. They had been friends with his dad since they met in University. 

They were all there. When he turned twelve last year half of them couldn't make it but now he was special.

Uncle Harry and uncle Louis of course. Their daughter Darcy and her wife Lea. They had brought their daughter Penny. She was three years old. Their son Damien and his wife Sarah and their two year old son William. Their daughter Dahlia and her husband Carl. They had two sons. Charlie was eight and Danny was five. Finally their son Dante. He was single and didn't have any kids.

Liam and his wife Rose. Their son Wolf was married to Zayn's daughter Eden. They had three kids. Axton, 10, Joules, 8 and Quincy, 6.

Zayn and his wife Gigi. They had a son as well, Evan. He and his girlfriend Amanda had two children, Max, 5 and Ada, 3.

It was very crowded in the living room. At least he got a lot of presents. Uncle Harry smiled at him.
"Happy Birthday, Arthur!"

"Thanks." Arthur replied.

Uncle Louis looked at his dad.
"So?"

"Uhm, we don't know yet." Niall answered.

Arthur felt ashamed. They were all here to celebrate his new ability and he had nothing to show for. His mum immediately picked up on it of course and came over and hugged him. He protested and pushed her away.
"I'm sure it will happen soon."

"Oh, I didn't figure out my ability on my birthday. It took a couple of months. Don't worry." Uncle Harry said and smiled.

That made him feel better. He probably had a really cool ability like uncle Harry. He just had to figure out what it was.

He had a pretty awesome birthday after that.