CHAPTER 4 : THEIR FIRST MEETING IN DESSERE

WHAT ATHANASIA SAW...

It's been a day since Athanasia arrived to the Dessere Empire, she was two days early than when the banquet would begin.

The other delegations from different kingdoms have already started to arrive, so she wasn't the only delegate that arrived early.

Athanasia decided to take a walk, and admire the beautiful garden that was seen through her window. She wanted to see it more closely, so she exited her assigned room, leaving without telling any of the servants she brought from obelia.

The servants who were doing their tasks around the palace all looked at her in awe. She had already gotten used to the stares when she first arrived yesterday.

She began to hum a melody during her walk to the garden. She missed her father so quickly even though it's only been a single day since she left.

Athanasia quickly arrived to the garden, stopping her humming to admire the beautiful garden she was in.

The flowers were roses, white roses with a mix of red ones. With beautiful statues of angels all around the maze garden.

She entered the pretty garden, admiring the scent of the flowers and the fresh breeze of wind, it was calming.

Athanasia continued her walk into the flower maze garden, seeing trees around the garden, with growing fruits. she saw how the garden was healthy, before she heard a rough coughing from behind her.

She turned around to see a pale man with pure white hair, coughing up blood as his hand was on the garden grass wall to support his standing.

Athanasia's eyes widened at the sight, as she immediately walked up to the man, worried because he was coughing up blood.

"Oh my goodness! Are you alright?!" Athanasia asked, though she could clearly tell he wasn't.

The man stopped coughing, as their eyes met, time seemed to slow down as the two were having a moment..

jeweled blue eyes met with crimson red ones, their gazes locking on one another.

Athanasia was stunned by what she saw.. the male had beautiful crimson red eyes that seemed to shine brighter than her jeweled blue ones, she was in a daze as she couldn't look or do anything else other than look into the man's eyes.

While the man's expression was just like hers, except he could look away from her.

Wiping away the blood on his face, the blood he Coughed up. He had a poker face on, which was obvious to athanasia.

"I'm alright, miss." The male said, as he looked at her. He was taking in her features, making a mental portrait of the girl in his mind.

"Are you sure? Y-you were coughing up blood!" Athanasia said worriedly.

"I assure you, miss. I am perfectly fine," The white haired male stated, a frown apparent on his face.

"If you don't mind me, I'll take my leave." The man said, walking hastely away from the princess.

Athanasia tried to catch up to him to ask his name and to lead him to the clinic in the palace, but he ignored her calls for him.

The male was already long gone when athanasia blinked, he was fast, really fast.

"I couldn't even get his name.." Athanasia stood there inside the Flower Maze garden, her jewel eyes looked to the direction the man disappeared in.

DEON'S VISITATION TO THE PALACE POV

Deon sighed a sigh of relief, entering the inside of the palace, and leaning on the wall, while the servants around didn't dare to look at him.