CHAPTER 1 : THE DUTY FOR THE BANQUET

IN THE DESSERE EMPIRE...

The sound of the wind breeze was strong, fast, and tiring for Deon. The birds hiding, the sun hidden by the clouds. He had just gotten to the Hart Estate, the place he thought was worse than the demon realm.

His childhood home before he was sent to war, a home that his revenge took place in..

Deon frowned, as the guards greeted him while he took of his hood and mask. He smelled like blood, demon blood to be specific.

Deon entered the large estate, the servants lining by the sides while greeting him. It's been two years since he last came to the Hart Estate, he was busy with dealing with the Demon Realm.

"Young Master Deon, We welcome you home." All the servants said, as they took Deon's hood and mask.

".." Deon ignored the servants, entering the main estate. He walked up the stairs, heading to his bedroom.

The servants were all used to their young master's behavior, he had always acted cold whenever he would return from the battlefield.

The servants knew to prepare a bath and a nice warm meal for their master, so they quickly got to work and went to separate ways of the estate.

".." Deon stared at the portrait of his family on the wall, clearly not remembering that a portrait was hung in his room during his absence. He had directly told the servants never to hang a portrait of any kind in his room.

He wasn't mad, just sad instead. The sorrow of his family issues coming back to him as he continued to stare at the portrait.

He stared at his father, then to his mother, and brother. Brown hair, green eyes. Those were the traits of the Hart Family, But he was different. Instead of having Brown hair and green eyes like the rest of his family, he had pure white silver hair and crimson red eyes.

He had always been shunned by the nobles when he first made an appearance in High society, as he looked different from the rest of his family.

"Why.." Deon muttered to himself, breaking his gaze from the family portrait. Soon, someone knocked on his door.

"Enter." Deon said in a voice that sounded as menacing as usual. The door opened to reveal his most trusted butler, a butler who's been with his family since his father was a child, Remember.

"Young Master, We've prepared your bath." Remember said, as Deon looked a bit confused. He then realized that he did smell like blood, while his clothes were stained with blood.

Deon nodded, walking out of his room. Remember followed behind Deon, his gaze stuck on walking.

Deon arrived to one of multiple bathrooms around the estate, while remember helped him out of his blood stained clothes.

"Young Master Cruel sent a letter upon hearing of your arrival, Young Master Deon." Remember informed, as Deon got into the bathtub.

"Cruel? That bastard. Doesn't he know to resent me now after everything I've done?" Deon muttered, his words laced with anger, and guilt.

"Burn it." Deon said, sighing as he got himself comfortable in the massive bathtub. He wanted the letter cruel sent to be burned, he didn't like anything from Cruel Hart.

"With all due respect, Young Master Deon. Young Master Cruel is still your brother, so I don't recommend continuing to ignore his letters." The loyal butler stated, he watched Deon and Cruel grow up, the two brothers were so close during their childhood, but after the war started, Deon started acting vicious and cold to everyone upon arriving back from war.