the woman didn't comment as she got her bag and took a hold of taehyung's hand.

the little boy was confused as they got out of the doll shop, heading off to a car that was parked across the street. a tall man - a frequent visitor of his mother he had seen before standing by.

"you know showing him to me wouldn't change my mind. i don't want some other bastard's son" the man speaks looking at the boy that had taehyung scared but only inched closer to his mother.

"i know" the woman mumbled, hand tightening her hold on taehyung's smaller ones.

"mama?" taehyung was confused, looking up at his mother who seemed she was about to cry making him worry but instead the woman smiles at him.

"be a good boy and go back to the madam and mister bang, taetae" the woman says as she leveled down to her son's height and caressing his cheeks, eyes softly on the small boy.

taehyung felt his stomach weird, feet seeming as if they were glued to the ground as he stares at his mother.

"go on now, it might be raining soon" she says again, hearing the skies suddenly rumbling.

"okay, mama" taehyung managed to speak. "i love you, mama" he blurts out with a wide boxy smile and quickly pressed a kiss on his mother's cheek.

and despite the weird heavy feeling in his chest, he turns around, running, crossing the street and walked over to the madam - he was a good boy after all.

if he had lingered another second more, he would've seen the tear that fell on his mother's eyes.

the madam ruffles his hair, taking a hold of his little hand as they stood side by side and the moment he looks at where his mother was supposed to be, the car droves off not even sparing him another chance to see his mother's figure one last time.

— end of flashback

if he was being honest, she still looks the same the last time he had seen her just minus the light wrinkles in the corner of her eyes. she's still pretty in taehyung's eyes.

looking at her now made him realize too how much he resembles her - their eyes, the shape and structure of their face. she could even pass on to be his older sister.

"thank you for giving me a chance to see you again, taetae"

taehyung didn't know how long they were standing across from each other but hearing her voice seemed to make him snap out of his thoughts.

"my love, let's head inside" jungkook speaks, a hand gentle on his back making him look up at the older and nods.

he then turned to his mother giving the older a small nod who smiles before following them to head inside the café that jinwoo owned who was kind enough to reserve a secluded area for them by the far end of the place. speaking of jinwoo, the older had also said he'll be at the café.

jungkook pulled the seat for taehyung who mumbled a 'thank you' as he sat down.

"i'll be there" the older states pointing at a table just a few seats away before leaning down to press a kiss on the younger's forehead.