Chapter Thirteen

________________________________

Thinking 'bout you,
Thinking 'bout you,
Add it to your thoughts

I Smoked Away My Brain - A$AP Rocky
(I'm God x Demons Mashup)
_________________________________

I Smoked Away My Brain - A$AP Rocky(I'm God x Demons Mashup)_________________________________

(O.O)

  The sound of metal clashing against concrete, over and over fills my ears. I look to the left, seeing Thomas carve his name into one of the glades walls, using a sharp knife. He looked at the wall, taking multiple pauses between each letter.

It's been four days. Or is it five? My mind has been in a haze, I can't seem to remember anything. How long have we've been here? It can't be a week. Yet it felt like we've been here forever.

The darkness under my eyes became relevant and noticeable. I couldn't sleep last night either. The whole night I was staring at the ceiling.

And when I did fall asleep I had a weird dream. In my dreams I was sitting down in a field of flowers. The sun setting below the clouds and birds peacefully chirping. Not a soul in sight. The wind brushed against my hot skin and I instantly felt calm.

Towards the end I heard a voice calling my name, but when I turned around the sun shines in my eyes and the figure in the distance isn't seen. I could make out their figure but not any appearance.

Who was that?

When I woke up I kept on feeling weird. Not a good weird. A bad weird.

When I tried to go back to sleep, the minute I closed my eyes  a thought or memory I believed pooped into my mind. You might think that is a good thing. I'm gaining my memories back. I should be happy or at least excited, but no it's not a good thing. Whenever I feel like I'm going to remember something, my mind goes blank. Like it's purposely teasing me.

"Are you going to put your name down?" Thomas hit my arm with his elbow, nudging me.

I held a knife in my hand, staring at the wall. If I put my name down it feels like i'm committing to this place. Like it's official this is my home now.

I mentally read most of the names carved in the wall. Some had a line crossing out the name. I trailed a finger down one of the lines that covered a name.

"What do you think the line means?" I asked Thomas. There wasn't a lot of names with the lines, but enough for it to be noticeable and catch my attention.

He shrugged. "Death"

I snapped my head to the brunette. "Death?" I questioned, looking back at the wall I began counting all the crossed out names.

Thomas continued. "They probably cross out the names of boys that died. Or something. It's the only thing that makes sense. Why else would they cover the names?"