We eventually found ourselves in a cab, pulling into a large cabin. There was already a car parked out front but I paid it no mind as I exited the car.

I shivered a little as I waited for Tamika to type the padlock code in. Once the door was open she let me walk in first and I was immediately shocked to hear surprise from the left of me.

"What the—Oh my God?!" I yelled in shock as I turned and was met with my friends. "What are y'all doing here?!" I asked as I ran up to them. I started catching up with them.

It wasn't my birthday yet but I already felt like I've celebrated. I was grateful, she took the time to do this for me. Even with my annoyance of having to leave out early, I knew it was all worth it now. Which left me feeling horrible with how I acted.

"Where'd Tamika go?" I heard Tocha ask causing me to turn around to where I left her. She was no longer there and all of our luggage was gone as well.

"Let me go find her and I'll be back.." I said and they nodded before heading back into the kitchen. I started making my way through the cabin in order to find Tamika.

The cabin felt so familiar to me. As if I'd been here before but I knew I hadn't. I finally found a staircase and climbed the stairs. I made it to the second floor as looked through all the room still not able to find her.

I then went up the third flight of steps and found a room with double doors closed. I pushed the door open and found Tamika seated on the edge of the bed.

I walked over to her slowly before throwing myself onto her. "What language should I say I'm sorry in?" I teased.

"Spanish.." She replied trying her hardest to hold back her laughter. "Hold on. Let me go to Google translate.." I said causing us both to laugh as I climbed off of her and stood in front of her.

"I'm not about to play with you.." She laughed before sliding my phone out of my hand.

She pulled me in by my waist before our lips fell, softly onto each other. The kiss deepened as I moaned causing my lips to part slightly. Her tongue slid into my mouth, tangling with mine.

"Mm—I gotta shower.." She pulled back from the kiss and moved me to the side before moving towards her suitcase.

"Can I join you?" I smirked from behind her.

"Uhh nah! Work on my Spanish apology." She laughed before heading inside the ensuite bathroom. "Wait!" I yelled as I remembered something causing her to stop in her tracks and turn around.

"What made you pick Canada?"

"One of your excerpts you gave me. The character traveled here and it was the only place you've ever mentioned in any of the writings I read. You spoke about here so poetically I thought you'd already been but Tiny told you hadn't.."

"I love you!" I smiled before taking small steps until I was in front of her. I pressed my lips to hers and pulled back in time to see a smile stretch across her face.

I loved having a girlfriend who paid attention to the smallest details that even I forgot about. It felt refreshing. I could tell the love she had for me was real and I hoped that in the long run I didn't self sabotage it.

_______
Tamika
11:58 pm

"Does everybody have their shot?!" Kandi giggled as she held up her's. We were two minutes away from her actual birthday and she wanted to take a shot at twelve.