EPILOGUE

Edmund had missed the feeling of sitting in the throne with the crown of Narnia on his head. He liked the feeling of people bowing down to him and praising him. He loved the power. He used to be ashamed of loving at as much as he did, but he wasn't anymore. He was born to be the king of Narnia.

When looking at the Pevensies, everyone assumed Peter was the ruler of the four of them. He was noble and brave and the oldest out of them all. All things a king should be. Edmund on the other hand was stubborn and kept to himself most of the time. Regardless, Peter had never been the ruler, it had always been Edmund. It was like his imperfectness made him more real. It made the people and creatures of Narnia want to follow him and he succeeded in leading them.

On the throne next to him, Caspian reached over and connected their fingers. Caspian, his newly husband, twirled around the wedding ring on Edmund's finger before leaning over and brushing his lips against the skin under Edmund's ear. "Happy?"

They had got married a couple weeks ago. They had figured out how to make arrangements with Aslan to get Lucy, Peter, and Eustace here. It was an extravagant royal wedding and Edmund had decided it was the best day of his life.

Ruling Narnia the first time had been wonderful, but it was even better doing it with Caspian this time. It was all he had dreamed of doing since he met Caspian and now he was his husband and they were ruling Narnia together. It truly was a dream come true.

"Beyond happy," he replied with a grin.

Caspian rubbed their noses together affectionately. "I can't believe you're mine now. Forever. You are mine for the rest of our lives. You are my husband. I am married to Edmund Pevensie."

"That you are," Edmund replied. "I have been yours since I met you, I was just waiting for you to act on it. I am forever yours, King Caspian X."

"In the stars?" Caspian asked him. Stars meant a lot to Caspian. His father had told him stars about them as a kid. It was one of the only memories Caspian had of his father. They weren't just stars to him and the fact that Caspian wanted him to be forever his in them meant everything to Edmund.

"In the stars," Edmund confirmed.

With that, Caspian connected their lips into a passionate kiss.

***

I can't believe I finished this story. I seriously never expected that I would finish this, but I just did. I have tweaked some of the early chapters and I will probably do the rest eventually, but besides that, this story is now finished :)