XIII. APOLOGIES

"What's taking them so long?!" Gael said, she was getting impatient.

"They're probably making out." Lucy joked making Gael and Reepicheep laugh.

"Nice one Lu. You know that could be us someday." She smirked walking away leaving a flustered Lucy behind. She felt like she could pass out, the girl she liked just heavily flirted with her. She wanted to run after her but didn't have the courage to.

Gael came back over a few minutes later, but they didn't say a word about the previous conversation. Suddenly there was a blast of fire that came from the mountain and a dragon starter flying towards the ship.

They got it to leave by Reepicheep stabbing it with his mini sword. When Lucy realized it was flying back to the mountain her heart sank. "Oh no... Edmund and Caspian!"

***

The two boys were slowly walking back to the ship. Edmund was walking ahead because they were still mad at each other even though, deep down they truly weren't. Caspian felt something flying towards him from behind and when he looked he saw a dragon and quickly ducked.

"Edmund! Ed!" He yelled trying to get the boys' attention, but it was too late the dragon picked up Edmund and he screamed. It started flying towards and over the boat still holding Edmund.

"Edmund!" Lucy's voice came from the boat.

"Lucy!" He yelled before the dragon flew past the mountains. Caspian and the crew realized where they were going and quickly ran to get Edmund back.

When Edmund looked down he saw the words "I am Eustace," carved into the ground. "You've got to be kidding me. Bring me back to Caspian, Eustace."

He had realized something well up there and when he heard how Caspian screamed his name as he was picked up by Eustace, it was a sound of pure fear and pain of when you lose someone you loved with all your heart. Caspian didn't do anything wrong because Cas was just tempted by the mist, he was to one who messed up.

Edmund wasn't being fair and needed to apologize because he loved Caspian. So when they got back to the crew Edmund flung himself onto Caspian, embracing him in a tight hug and a few tears of joy escaped both of their eyes. "I'm so sorry Ed. I never should have said those things and you are completely right, you should be treated as your own person and not a replacement for Peter and Susan. I promise I never meant to make you feel like that."

"It's okay Caspian. I was a little bit dramatic and I know neither of us meant anything we said, we were just tempted by the mist." Edmund smiled pulling away so they were looking at each other.

Meanwhile with Lael (Lucy and Gael).....

They were watching Casmund's interaction. "That's gay," Lucy stated simply.

"What isn't gay that they do. They're literally staring into each other's souls now."

"Good point love." Gael blushed at the name.

"Guys the dragon is Eustace," Edmund said and everyone's mouth fell open.

"Well nice to know, but we can't do anything about that. We have to get back on the ship now though." Drinian sighed.

"We can't just leave him here," Caspian said quickly.

"Well, we can't stay here."

"Says who."

"Your majesty, we have no way to stay w-." He was interrupted by Eustace lighting a fire. The four teens smiled at the dragon and began to get ready for bed. Edmund said up his area by Eustace, Lucy's set hers by Gaels, and Caspian sat his behind the circle of blankets and pillows.

***

Y'all are going to love the next chapter😩😩

I might make you guys wait though because I like annoying people