Chapter 12

Wendy's perspective

As Wendy drew her sword and face off Nyx, she noticed Nyx had a smile, something Wendy only rarely saw from her usual expressionless self, only seeing it whenever she was with Alex.

Smiling back, an ominous feeling creeped up on Wendy with that smile but she didn't heed it any mind.

Excitement filled Wendy's mind to see how strong Nyx is.

Nyx began by throwing a knife at Wendy, then immediately closing the distance and swung her sword.

Wendy hit away the knife thrown toward her with her sword and blocked Nyx's swing without much effort because of her being a beastkin because of her physical abilities much more superior to normal humans.

Expecting it, Nyx bent her body low to the ground and did a sweep kick, trying to cause Wendy to lose her balance.

However Wendy jumps away from Nyx's sweep kick and swings back midair.

Nyx managed to dodge Wendy's sword and counter attack with a swing of her own despite being low to the ground, then she took several steps back.

There was a pause in which each of them stared at each other, waiting to see who was going to move first.

Wendy's smile grew bigger, being more excited than to fight with Nyx, seeing that it was way more fun than she thought.

"Nyx your strong even though your not a beastkin, let's play some more"

Nyx didn't respond but a slightly bigger smile and a small chuckle leaked out.

Wendy, as well as being the glutton, is also the meathead of the party, mostly because beastkins are known to value strength above all else, meaning most of them like to fight a lot like Wendy.

Getting some distance, Nyx took out 3 spikes out of the holster on her left thigh, she threw them at Wendy.

Wendy, with the agility of a beastkin, avoids the spikes Nyx had thrown, causing the three spikes to miss and hit the tree that was behind her.

Nyx throws more spikes as Wendy is moving to attack, seeing an opening when Wendy has to focus on parrying away the spike because each spike being thrown is becoming harder to dodge or parry for Wendy.

Once spike managed to graze Wendy's cheeks, causing a bit of blood to flow out.

As Wendy hit away the spikes, Nyx moved in and thrusted her sword toward Wendy. Wendy at the last moment, parries away the thrust and counter attack with several swings of her sword, using her being physically stronger than Nyx to her advantage.

However Nyx, being more adept with the sword, manages to push Wendy several steps back with her sword play.

Then Nyx threw several more spikes at Wendy, Wendy barely being able to get out of the way, having to roll on the ground at times to not get hit.

Switching to knives once Nyx had run out of spikes to throw. Like the spike Nyx had thrown, each throw became even more accurate and harder to dodge or parry for Wendy.

A couple of small cuts from near misses cover her body and a couple strands of her hair were cut off, including a bit from her tail.

In Wendy's thoughts, she was thinking about how it was abnormal for Nyx to be able to improve her skills in throwing to an extent that it was hard for her to not get hit after only a couple of throws. Normally, if it was a normal human, there was no way for them to not get hit.

Wendy felt an instinctual chill as she noticed once she saw Nyx's smile grew bigger and the chuckles became a small laughter.

The knives Nyx had thrown were even harder for Wendy to dodge or parry with her sword.