Chapter 5

Waking up in an unfamiliar room, I groggily remembered what I had done for the last few days.

Let's see... I escaped the mansion, granted it was surprisingly easy, traveled here, which was way harder than expected, got attacked by monsters, went into town to register to become an adventurer, paid an inn for a room, and took a nap.

I didn't want to get up from the comfy bed, but I felt like I had to do something today.

Oh right, I was supposed to pick up my adventurer card for today.

Reluctantly, I got up to see that it was already morning, yawned, and looked out the window.

It looks like I slept through the entire day yesterday.

I mutter in a still groggy voice. "What should I do today?"

I should go to the adventurer guild in the afternoon because there will be fewer people around, so that leaves the morning free.

Going around town and looking at the shops seems like a good idea; maybe I'll buy some gear with the extra money I got from selling the horned rabbits.

I noticed that there was a bucket from yesterday that had some rags in it. I think that is what commoners use to wash themselves.

Before I leave, I better wash all the sweat and dirt I accumulated on the way here.

I left my room to fetch some water from the well I saw outside the window and brought it back to my room. I soak the rags in the water and begin cleaning myself.

After I was done, I went down to the first floor of the inn's tavern, where most of the people staying there were already eating breakfast.

Growl. I felt my stomach rumbling when I smelled the food being served. I was really hungry.

There was a wooden sign that listed what they had for breakfast. I sat by an empty table, and one of the waitresses asked me for my order.

I ordered the option that had bacon, eggs, and bread, which surprisingly cost 3 coppers with the adventurers discount of 50%.

When my food arrived, I was already groveling; my stomach was already starving for some food.

Taking the first bite, I ignore most of the table manners I was taught as a noble and immediately start scarfing down everything on the plate.

Who knew it would taste this good after a while of not eating a proper meal?

After I was done eating, I left the inn and roamed around town.

Looking at the shops in this town, I saw many people entering and exiting them, but one caught my attention.

It was a shabby-looking shop in a back alley; it had a wooden sign with an image of two hammers on it.

I guess this is a blacksmith shop. What got my attention was that despite it looking rundown, it had decent-looking weapons, but no one was going into it for some reason.

Opening the door to the shop, I heard the clanging of metal reverberating throughout the shop, and I saw that it was filled up, a bit messily, with weapons.

I heard a deep, gruff-sounding voice in the back of the store.

"Come in; just give me a minute. I'm in the back. Look around if you're interested in anything."

Looking at the weapons that were displayed all over the shop, they cost at least 2, 3, or even 5 silver coins. All of them are way out of my price range.

I looked around the shop some more, and luckily, I found a barrel filled with swords. There was a label that said one silver coin; I guess this was the bargain box.