Prologue

The world is in ruins, it has been nearly 50 years since the first kaijus appeared from the gate.

47 years since an entire continent fell under the control of the kaijus

38 years since humanity managed to close the gate with the deployments of the first generations of Aiases in the last few years of the war. A massive humanoid robot requiring 2 people to pilot, whose purpose is to lead the assault on retaking the continent that was infested with kaijus, ending a 12 year long war.

25 years since the start of the second war against the kaijus that nearly wiped out humanity in the process.

And now the end of the 3rd war is nearly at its conclusion, humanity has been planning and preparing themselves to finally end this once and for all.

I pushed away a kaiju, roughly 75 meters in height, using my Aias, a giant robot similar in size, to the ground. The ground shook as it fell dead on the ground, a giant sword piercing through its body

Collapsing on my knees from my exhaustion and injuries after killing it and who knows how many kaijus I'd killed.

My aias, which was controlled by synchronizing and linking my mind and body to it, also collapsed on its knees.

"Haa... Haa..."

Breathing heavily, my left eye was bloodshot, skin looking pale, and blood was covering my combat suit from my nosebleeds, after pushing myself too hard, had started to dried.

The alarms were blaring, warning lights were flashing, and sparks were flying everywhere in the cockpit.

I stare through the large hole, that expose the cockpit to the outside. I look at the kaiju I just killed, it had my sword thrust into it's body.

"Charlotte, damage report"

I spoke to the A.I. support system that assists me with piloting my Aias.

"All systems critical. Core integrity at 18%, right arm severed, left leg cripple, cockpit has been breached."

Things were really bad, I turned my head to my left to see Norn, my sister and co-pilot, dead.

Our mission was to be part of an assault group to the gate and set up the bomb to finally end this war permanently. My role along with others Aiases was to separate from the group and protect the main assault group that enter in the gate to launch the bomb into the other side of the gate. We were supposed to kill any kaijus that were coming back to the gate that was trying to stop the main assault group.

The number of kaijus that were coming toward us was overwhelming. We were overwhelm and I was the only one left standing.

One kaiju managed to bite and tear off a part of the head. The head where the cockpit was crushed, a large stray piece of metal stabbed into her abdomen.

I remember the moment she was killed, I could feel her life snuffed out because our minds are linked together and to the Aias.

"Warning, Ori overload limit has been reach. Suggest disconnect"

"Negative, I still need to buy some more time"

Damn it, I had really forgotten about that. I had disabled the limiter immediately after Norn was killed, not having the time to grief, I continued fighting for my life. I had only a limited amount of time before my tolerance for Ori energy became fatal since that is the reason two pilots are required to pilot an Aias.

I tried getting up while still being linked to the Aias, the frame of the Aias was screeching trying to stand from all the damage it sustain. Blood started to come out of my nose again as I pushed myself too hard trying to get my Aias to stand.