LII. Welcome to Darilynn

Start from the beginning

Eva pointed at the bed. "Do you think they slept in this bed?"

"Well, that's what beds are for, Angel."

She shook her head, snickering. "No, I mean, do you think they had sex on this bed?"

Kenji gave her a wide-eyed look. "What?!"

"Cause it's looking hella comfy right now but I ain't about to sleep on a cummed-on bed."

Kenji's jaw dropped, and he looked at a loss for words.

"Fuck it, when in doubt, the answer is yes. I'm stealing their pillow though." She picked up the pillow, peeling off the pillow case and tossing it onto the bed. She swung the pillow slightly, accidentally hitting Kenji in the arm.

Kenji yelped, "Do not hit me with the cum pillow! That is so unsanitary!"

"Well what the fuck else do I use as my pillow?"

"Me?"

Eva joked, "You're not squishy enough to be my pillow."

"I've seen you fall asleep on the ground."

"Okay, fine," she said in mock annoyance. Reaching out, she took his hand, leading him up to the second floor bridge. She frowned, looking at the space where she accidentally kissed Kenji, and ultimately decided against it. Instead, she pulled him back to the cabins, specifically the entertainment room where they had pulled boxes of roman candles the day prior.

The entertainment room was about the same size as the bedroom, complete with a pool table, a long couch, and a flat screen TV. Eva led Kenji to the couch, which was barely wide enough to support the both of them. But, it was better than sleeping on the floor of the boat.

Eva backed up, biting her lip and sporting a grin, until her ankle collided with the coffee table in front of the couch, and she fell backwards, pulling Kenji with her.

She gasped, staring at Kenji, who was staring back at her, the two inches apart. Eva refused to look down despite the temptation. She laughed nervously, scooting backwards, until her head thumped against the couch arm. Kenji cleared his throat, backing off from her.

They both sat up, neither talking, though she felt Kenji's eyes glued to her head as she pulled her hair out of its braid. Dropping the hair tie on the table in front of her, she began brushing out her hair, letting the curly mess bounce around.

Eva slowly pushed Kenji down on the couch, fighting a grin as he took it. She slowly straddled his waist, before lying down fully, half on top of him, half on the edge of the couch. "You comfy?" she asked calmly, even though she was freaking the hell out on the inside.

Oh, the things she could do to him.

"Y-yeah, are you?" he asked back.

Wrapping her arms around his torso, she nodded, lying her head against his chest. "You were right. You are comfy. Good pillow material," she murmured, closing her eyes, with no idea he's staring down at her in admiration.

Just as quickly as she closed her eyes, she found herself falling asleep to the rhythm of his heart, her lips upturned into a soft smile.

~~~

The campers gathered around the hole in the boat. It was officially the next morning, and reflective of their moods, the sun was out and shining down on them. They were going home. They were so, so close.

Yasmina and Brooklynn held a red lunch tray they had scavenged against the hole in the boat— which was thankfully larger than the hole— while Darius used the sealant around the edges.