Chapter Three: New Beginnings

Alexia's POV

I wake up and see Stefan looking down at me. He smiles at me.

"Morning." I say rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. "Where's Damon?"

"He's making breakfast. He makes a mean pancake." I can't help but laugh.

"Hey do you mind if Elena joins us for breakfast? I want you to meet her." He asks and my smile fades.

"Oh, I've already met her." I start, not sure why to say "she uh she's kinda the reason I found you."

"Wait what?" He's clearly shocked.

"Well she mentioned yesterday that she had a boyfriend named Stefan, then I saw you walk into the cafeteria and I got super nervous so I raced out and then I asked her to tell me where you lived and... Here I am!" I grin.

"Here you are." He repeats and squeezes my shoulder.

"Does she know...?" He doesn't finish his sentence. But he doesn't have to, I know what he's talking about.

"No." I tell him "I wasn't even sure if it was true so I didn't want to say anything." He just nods.

We just sit there in silence for a little while. Finally he asks me if I'm ready for breakfast and I say yes.

We get up and once I open the door I smell pancakes and it is the most amazing scent that has ever touched my nose!

"Mmmm." my stomach grumbles as I say it.

I run down the stairs with vampire speed and sit at the table.

"Well look who came out of her shell!" Damon laughs. I smile and Stefan finally makes it down the stairs, walking with human speed. I roll my eyes and he playfully punches me in the shoulder.

Damon sets the plate of pancakes on the table, I grab three and dig in!

20 minutes later we're done with breakfast. Stefan goes to call Elena and I decide to go to my apartment and grab a few things to bring back.

"Elena will probably be here when you get back. Just so you know." Damon tells me.

I sigh and walk out the door.

I turn around remembering that I walked here and go back inside.

"Damon can I borrow your car? I walked here and I don't want to walk back with a ton of stuff to carry!" I yell at the doorstep.

"No no no no NO! You can take STEFANS car!" He says handing me Stefan's keys.

"Um ok... Why can't I take yours?" I ask confused.

"Well... Well it's... Because... Umm... Just take Stefans!" He says flustered

"Oook." I walk out laughing to myself.

It takes about 10 minutes to get there. I left it unlocked because I thought I would come back. Oh well.

I walk in and head to my room. I grab some clothes and stuff them in a backpack.

I head to my bathroom and get my makeup and stuff.

When I get all of that together I go back to my room.

I grab a few other things that I want to bring and see that I still have a little room left so I grab a few more clothes, put them in my bag and head back out.

Damon's POV

I hear a knock on the door and I figure it's Elena. I don't see Stefan anywhere so I go answer it.